b6100hst-e

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
i just received my b6100hst-e. This tractor is is great condition considering its age. everything works, and everything is there minus the grill. Needs some paint and a few dents knocked out of the hood and she'll look like new.

She smoked bad when i got her, but changed the oil, and air filter and no more smoke. The oil light was on when i first got it, and for some reason it's still on? any suggestions as to what else it may be? Oil level is good, got kubota oil and air filter for her. My thought is possibly issues with the wiring maybe? All other fluids are good.

another question, I for some reason thought there were hydraulics on the b6100's? am i wrong in thinking that? I thought there were ports under the seat?

considering i got her for $500.00 and got a land pride 4 foot finishing mower with it, i think i made an excellent purchase.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Canuck3, yes you did get a good deal. The oil pressure light is probably a plug has fallen out of the end of the camshaft. You might search for "lack of oil pressure" or something like that.

It's a bit of work but if you do it yourself it's virtually no cost.

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
Canuck3, yes you did get a good deal. The oil pressure light is probably a plug has fallen out of the end of the camshaft. You might search for "lack of oil pressure" or something like that.

It's a bit of work but if you do it yourself it's virtually no cost.
D2Cat, I appreciated the information, I'll look into this. I've got the manuals so hopefully i can walk myself through this process.

Thanks again.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes the B6100 has hydraulics, that's what runs the three point.

There is the ability to had more hydraulic connections to it.

And yes I'll second D2Cat on the oil plug missing from the cam shaft, very common issue.

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
Yes the B6100 has hydraulics, that's what runs the three point.

There is the ability to had more hydraulic connections to it.

And yes I'll second D2Cat on the oil plug missing from the cam shaft, very common issue.
am i running any risk by running the tractor the way it is now until i can fix the issue with the cam shaft oil plug issue?

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
after a little more investigating, it appears that the oil light is not directly hooked up to anything but the power. So i'm assuming that's why the light is on all the time while running and never turns off?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
am i running any risk by running the tractor the way it is now until i can fix the issue with the cam shaft oil plug issue?
Yes, it will eventually scar the bearings and damage them. ;)

Do a manual oil pressure test to confirm the pressures before you dive into any repairs.
On the oil pressure light it will be hooked to power, the sensor in on the ground side of the loop. ;)

Canuck3

Equipment
B6100HST-e
Oct 3, 2016
Hartford WI USA
Yes, it will eventually scar the bearings and damage them. ;)

Do a manual oil pressure test to confirm the pressures before you dive into any repairs.
On the oil pressure light it will be hooked to power, the sensor in on the ground side of the loop. ;)
so more news on this, I spoke with the guy who has been driving it for the last 6 years. He's not the owner, but he's the guy who picked it up at the auction 6 years ago and has been mowing with it ever since. This guy actually worked for my dad for the last 10 years so i know he's being honest with me. He said the oil light has been on since the day he picked it up. so for over 6 years its been on. The day he picked it up he had it serviced at a kubota dealership. They said that the oil pressure was fine, and they weren't able to determine why the light was on???? (weird but, ok) anyways to know it's been on for over 6 years now, and it hasn't done any damage to the tractor made me feel pretty good, but I will be getting this issue fixed as soon as possible and I will be checking the oil pressure myself.