B6100 3 pt hitch not working

Peter Pumpkin Eater

Equipment
Kubota B6100 with 42 inch tiller
Apr 25, 2019
Milton
I have a B6100 with a tiller attached. I was using it recently and the hitch would no longer lift the tiller. I think that it has been slowly acting up as the tiller slowly was sinking down from the highest position. Sometimes when nothing is attached to the hitch and the control lever is not touched, the hitch arms would drop down on their own and the pump(?) would squeal until I moved the lever to the middle position. That would then stop it from squealing but it would do it all over again. Is something making the fluid leak by a pump or valve? There is no other hydraulic connections on the tractor, like for a loader. What should I look for to repair this issue?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First, when was the last time you did a fluid and filter check/cleaning?

it's possible that you have several issues going on or maybe just one.

One thing that can happen is low suction screen flow will allow the pump to pull in air via a bad or loose suction line hose or fitting.

That will cause a lot of issues.

Next the valve on that model should be adjusted via the feedback rod to snap to center whenever the implement reaches a limit, the valve should never remain engaged, doing so forces fluid to be put against the relive valve.

One other issue could be that it need the lift cylinder rebuild and new seals installed, fairly easy to do.

Peter Pumpkin Eater

Equipment
Kubota B6100 with 42 inch tiller
Apr 25, 2019
Milton
I have never drained the transmission fluid or checked the filter. I have had the tractor about 8-10 years now. I have now drained the transmission fluid from both drain holes, but I do not see where the filter assembly is located. I wondered if I would find it behind one of the drain plugs. My tractor repair manual does not explain where to find the filter, only to clean it. Big help!

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Is that an HST or gearshift model?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have never drained the transmission fluid or checked the filter. I have had the tractor about 8-10 years now. I have now drained the transmission fluid from both drain holes, but I do not see where the filter assembly is located. I wondered if I would find it behind one of the drain plugs. My tractor repair manual does not explain where to find the filter, only to clean it. Big help!
See attached for filter/strainer location.

Dave

Attachments