B2920 Starting Problem

kevindsingleton

Equipment
B2930
Jul 20, 2010
Enon Valley, PA
I've been searching, and haven't found anything useful, so far.

I started my 2010 B2920, last weekend, and was sitting on the seat, letting it warm up a bit before I took it out to move some snow around.

I tried to lift the back blade, but it is frozen to the ground. So, I released the 3-point hitch lever, and jumped off the seat to try to free the blade. The tractor (HST) was in gear, at ~idle speed, no PTO running. As soon as I cleared the seat, the engine stopped.

Now, I can turn the key on, and all the lights light up, including the glow plug heater light, but the starting motor will not crank.

I suspect an "operator presence" switch issue, but I'm not sure where to start diagnosing, especially in this murderous cold spell.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue, and can you offer some advice about where to begin testing the system?

Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Move the HST peddles back and forth a few times and see if that works.
The reason it died when you got out of the seat was that it thought you were pushing the HST peddle.;)

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
The video is reasonable, with some good info. It has some Focus & jitter issues but overall was helpful. Thanks !!!

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
The video is reasonable, with some good info. It has some Focus & jitter issues but overall was helpful. Thanks !!!
Dan, this may be the pot calling the kettle black but... too bad the video quality didn't meet your expectations. I think it's a great piece of info. Why even make those comments!

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Dan, this may be the pot calling the kettle black but... too bad the video quality didn't meet your expectations. I think it's a great piece of info. Why even make those comments!
SteveF, Sorry I guess I was having a bad day. Overall there was great info in the video, and I thought I did say that. I realize that it is sometimes hard to be crawling around trying to film and keep the auto focus from acting up.

I'm sorry if my comments sounded bad. Overall I felt that I did get good info from watching the video. My communication of that kinda su*ked with that post

Somehow what I was thinking at the time and what I wrote were not in sync. My Bad. For that I do apologize.

kevindsingleton

Equipment
B2930
Jul 20, 2010
Enon Valley, PA
I watched the video, and learned a little about where the "operator presence" switches are. I was able to get the tractor started after fiddling around with the pedals, and waiting for a slightly warmer day. Once the weather clears, I'll see if that switch needs to be replaced.

Thanks for the tip. I found it to be very helpful!