B2920 3pt raising very slow or not at all

Cullinanp

Equipment
B2920HST
Feb 10, 2019
Oswego, ny
I was out mowing and got in to a wet area and i have to go in to FWD. I also tried to raise the deck and it was barely moving. The valve knob is open and i verified that. I brought it in to the garage and the 3pt wont lift anymore. The fluid level appears adequate. I am currently at 1000 hours and i need to change the filters and fluid. any thoughts on what would cause this/solution? will changing the fluid and transmission/hydraulic fluid fix it?

Dootsy

Equipment
Kubota B7510DN with Landpride mowers, Buhler snow blower
Sep 17, 2024
North Plains, OR
I was out mowing and got in to a wet area and i have to go in to FWD. I also tried to raise the deck and it was barely moving. The valve knob is open and i verified that. I brought it in to the garage and the 3pt wont lift anymore. The fluid level appears adequate. I am currently at 1000 hours and i need to change the filters and fluid. any thoughts on what would cause this/solution? will changing the fluid and transmission/hydraulic fluid fix it?
Do you travel through the wet area much or do you keep your machine out in the rainy open? The feed back pin (on the driver's side attached to the RH lift arm) may be rusted so it doesn't rotate freely and it may have put the feed back rod in a bind and broken it when the lift lever was engaged. I have a B7510 with that problem and i am finding out that paying attention to such a small maintenance item on a regular basis would have saved a lot of guesswork and time. Look for a parts diagram for your model under "pump/motor system" category then diagram "J33000 feed back lever"

Cullinanp

Equipment
B2920HST
Feb 10, 2019
Oswego, ny
I checked and the feedback lever appears "loose" but there doesn't appear to be anything broken. it appears like neither the spring or the stop are hitting when the lever is moved to the extreme positions - i am not sure if they should be or not? It also doesnt appear like the stop nuts or the stop have slid on the shaft.

Cullinanp

Equipment
B2920HST
Feb 10, 2019
Oswego, ny
Do you travel through the wet area much or do you keep your machine out in the rainy open? The feed back pin (on the driver's side attached to the RH lift arm) may be rusted so it doesn't rotate freely and it may have put the feed back rod in a bind and broken it when the lift lever was engaged. I have a B7510 with that problem and i am finding out that paying attention to such a small maintenance item on a regular basis would have saved a lot of guesswork and time. Look for a parts diagram for your model under "pump/motor system" category then diagram "J33000 feed back lever"

I checked and the feedback lever appears "loose" but there doesn't appear to be anything broken. it appears like neither the spring or the stop are hitting when the lever is moved to the extreme positions - i am not sure if they should be or not? It also doesnt appear like the stop nuts or the stop have slid on the shaft

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I checked and the feedback lever appears "loose" but there doesn't appear to be anything broken. it appears like neither the spring or the stop are hitting when the lever is moved to the extreme positions - i am not sure if they should be or not? It also doesnt appear like the stop nuts or the stop have slid on the shaft
Low fluid level and/or if equipped a blocked suction side filter would be my first suspect. I would also check the position control lever to make sure it's actually moving the valve linkage.

Dan

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
A buddy has a 2920 that was a little wonky with the 3PH. We tracked it down to the linkage where it is supported by a little eye-bolt looking deal. The linkage rod should slide smoothly through the eye. His didn’t…

Under seat, right side of rear end.

Cullinanp

Equipment
B2920HST
Feb 10, 2019
Oswego, ny
A buddy has a 2920 that was a little wonky with the 3PH. We tracked it down to the linkage where it is supported by a little eye-bolt looking deal. The linkage rod should slide smoothly through the eye. His didn’t…

Under seat, right side of rear end.
The linkage rod is moving very easily - but the spring and opposite stop are never engaged.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The linkage rod is moving very easily - but the spring and opposite stop are never engaged.
Have you checked the fluid level and filter(s)? Is the loader working properly?

Here is the linkage diagram. Are all of the parts connected and does the lever #60 move when you operate the lift control handle? Is the pin #90 intact?

Dan

1000000177.jpg

Cullinanp

Equipment
B2920HST
Feb 10, 2019
Oswego, ny
Have you checked the fluid level and filter(s)? Is the loader working properly?

Here is the linkage diagram. Are all of the parts connected and does the lever #60 move when you operate the lift control handle? Is the pin #90 intact?

Dan

View attachment 138096
Hi - the linkages all appear to work properly. The bucket is not responding as normal. Thinking the filter - so I will change that first. It is time anyway to change the fluid and both filters. I will try the hydraulic filter first to see if that immediately fixes the issue - then change the fluid and the transmission filter.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi - the linkages all appear to work properly. The bucket is not responding as normal. Thinking the filter - so I will change that first. It is time anyway to change the fluid and both filters. I will try the hydraulic filter first to see if that immediately fixes the issue - then change the fluid and the transmission filter.
If the loader is misbehaving as well the problem is somewhere up front. Filters, pump, or possibly the loader. First thing to do is verify you are getting a good flow from the pump.

Dan

Last edited:

Cullinanp

Equipment
B2920HST
Feb 10, 2019
Oswego, ny
If the loader is misbehaving as well the problem is somewhere up front. Filters, pump, or possibly the loader. First thing to do is verify you are getting a good flow from the pump.

Dan
Hi
I replaced both the transmission filter and the hydraulic filter as well as the super UDT - no change in condition. The loader was not on when this originally occurred - what i have discovered is the loader seems to respond some but not completely - and when the machine is shutoff and i go to reconnect the lines to the loader - the male ends on the tractor are pressurized and have to be relieved to be able to connect them. i have not attached the loader - just connected the lines to test them. bucket will roll but the up/down is not really working.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi
I replaced both the transmission filter and the hydraulic filter as well as the super UDT - no change in condition. The loader was not on when this originally occurred - what i have discovered is the loader seems to respond some but not completely - and when the machine is shutoff and i go to reconnect the lines to the loader - the male ends on the tractor are pressurized and have to be relieved to be able to connect them. i have not attached the loader - just connected the lines to test them. bucket will roll but the up/down is not really working.
When the loader and 3pt act like that it indicates the power beyond circuit is blocked. A bad coupler on the loader power beyond hose connection to the tractor would cause your symptoms.

Dan

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
When the loader and 3pt act like that it indicates the power beyond circuit is blocked. A bad coupler on the loader power beyond hose connection to the tractor would cause your symptoms.

Dan
There is no quick coupler on the power beyond because the loader valve is located on the tractor itself and does not get removed. The only quick couplers are the 4 hoses for the up/down and bucket tilt. There may be problems with the power beyond but it isn’t a quick coupler.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
There is no quick coupler on the power beyond because the loader valve is located on the tractor itself and does not get removed. The only quick couplers are the 4 hoses for the up/down and bucket tilt. There may be problems with the power beyond but it isn’t a quick coupler.
Thanjs. I will have to go back b through this thread for details. My reply was off the top of my head as I read my email this morning.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi
I misunderstood what hoses/couplers you were talking about. My bad.

I think you need to start doing some some circuit diagnostics. Does your tractor have rear remotes or a backhoe?

Dan

Last edited: