B2650 Rough Riding

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
I’ve had my B2650 for just over a year. It’s a great tractor, love everything about it except the ride while mowing. I’ve got R4 tires with loaded rears. While mowing I keep the loader on, but nothing attached.

Anyone have any suggestions for making the tractor ride smoother?

Is there a different seat I can get?

I’ve never taken the loader off, would that help?

I’ve even debated on getting a different tractor. Maybe an L series. Hoping the wider stance and longer wheel base would smooth the ride out.

I’ve got about 4 to 5 acres I mow every week. I really don’t want a zero turn. I tried one a couple times but couldn’t get used to it. It was a Scag. I was told a Ferris IS3200Z is the way to go for rough terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
I just put a Talon spring loaded seat on my B2710. It’s a universal seat you can get anywhere for $100 ish. Saved my backside...

Had to do some agricultural engineering to install it but well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Why not try taking the loader off the next time you mow? It may help and will certainly make it easier to mow with not having to manipulate thw loader while mowing. Weight on any side of the center of gravity will exaggerate the smallest bump and cause residual bounce.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I’ve had my B2650 for just over a year. It’s a great tractor, love everything about it except the ride while mowing. I’ve got R4 tires with loaded rears. While mowing I keep the loader on, but nothing attached.

I’ve never taken the loader off, would that help?

I’ve even debated on getting a different tractor. Maybe an L series. Hoping the wider stance and longer wheel base would smooth the ride out.

I’ve got about 4 to 5 acres I mow every week. I really don’t want a zero turn. I tried one a couple times but couldn’t get used to it. It was a Scag. I was told a Ferris IS3200Z is the way to go for rough terrain.

I have 2650 with turfs. Rode rough until I took about 30 % of the air out of the rear tires. Made a huge difference. R4s are definitely stiffer tires, but might try doing the same. Could make a big difference. I left the front tires up to max pressure for loader work.

gk527

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Apr 6, 2017
Central Kentucky
I have 2650 with turfs. Rode rough until I took about 30 % of the air out of the rear tires. Made a huge difference. R4s are definitely stiffer tires, but might try doing the same. Could make a big difference. I left the front tires up to max pressure for loader work.

Are your rear tires loaded?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I***8217;ve had my B2650 for just over a year. It***8217;s a great tractor, love everything about it except the ride while mowing. I***8217;ve got R4 tires with loaded rears. While mowing I keep the loader on, but nothing attached.

I***8217;ve never taken the loader off, would that help?

I***8217;ve even debated on getting a different tractor. Maybe an L series. Hoping the wider stance and longer wheel base would smooth the ride out.

I***8217;ve got about 4 to 5 acres I mow every week. I really don***8217;t want a zero turn. I tried one a couple times but couldn***8217;t get used to it. It was a Scag. I was told a Ferris IS3200Z is the way to go for rough terrain.

A rough ride comes with small tires and a short wheelbase.

That said, removing the FEL will help a bit as would reducing the pressure in the tires and removing the liquid ballast. Tradeoffs.

SDT

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Are your rear tires loaded?

My rear tires are not loaded. I have run my neighbors b2650 that has R4s and definitely a firmer ride. We let some air out of his as it was just riding on the center of the tires and not the full surface of the tire. Made a difference for him also. Not the ride of the turfs, but better. I have no problem with my set up at all and I have over 900 hrs on it. Just for a gauge, I went from 14lbs to 10lbs on my turfs and have been great at that setting.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
AS all the other have said....

air - or lack of it, is your only friend! YOUR tires are the only shocks you have ....and the firmer those tires the worse the ride.

Experiment with different PSI's until you find the one that works!

New seat will definitely help.....as well as removing the loader.

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Caution, with LOADED tires, is it advisable to reduce air pressure?

I would NOT do it, there is already reduced air volume in the tire, if just riding on liquid, tractor my become unstable, had this issue w/ my little ford!!

I purchased a Tractor Supply spring suspension seat w/ shock absorber control,
and it does help, air seats are better but in the $1000.+ range.

Small tractors do not offer much bounce absorption.

The large deere tractor used during hay season has cab suspension and an air seat, still feel the terrain w/ those buffers.

gcmiller

Equipment
B2910, LA402 FEL, Caroni TC-910 91" finish mower, RTV900
Mar 13, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Make sure the tires aren't over filled. They should be about 70% full, which is roughly where the stem is when it's in the 12 o'clock position. Best to check it when the rear end is raised to take the weight off the tires.

The guy who owned my B2910 before me filled the tires to the max. There was zero air in them and it was a horrible, painful ride. Once I let fluid out and got the air pressure right it made all the difference in the world.