B2650 Do HST Pumps Quiet Down When Broken In?

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
Have had my B2650 with cab for two days and compared to the 21year old Ford 1215 I traded in this unit is really loud! Both have the HST transmission. Borrowed a decibel meter from a neighbor and at 2400 rpm standing still the engine puts out 67db but when the HST is engaged and riding in the pasture the sound goes up to 85db. I always wear hearing protection when using ANY machinery since I have been wearing hearing aids for years, but this level to me is way into permanent hearing damage range. Will the pump quiet down when broken in or is this normal for Kubota? My NH T4.75 which is 75 hp is not even this loud at WOT. Yes, the hydraulic fluid level in thr B2650 is at the correct level. Thanks....

Pburchett

Equipment
MX5200HST
May 7, 2016
South Central KY
This is not what you want to hear but my mx5200 is as loud today as it was when it was new. I have changed the filter at 50 hours but not the fluid. It now have 160 hours on it so I do not know if that is broke in yet or not.

Rookie Farmer

Equipment
B2650 SSQD forks 60" rear finish mower
Jun 9, 2017
Tenino, WA
I too just recently purchased a B2650. Mine has 15 hours on it so far. I have not checked it with a decibel level but I do not notice a signifcant noise level increase when operating. I have not continuously run it above 2200-2300 rams yet. I get HST whine when I am operating at too low of rpm, usually just moving it out of the barn so I got more room. I will pay closer attention this weekend as I have to mow and set some more fencing.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Mine quieted down a tad after the 50 hour service and I replaced the fluid with Super UDT2

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The HST will not get quiter with age, changing the fluid to SUDT2 is about your only hope of getting it to quiet down.
And as far as a cabbed tractor, get the sound deadening material and apply it.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Mine registered at 102 DB. I think you got a quiet one.

A real old timer, a local farmer neighbor of mine, owner of several tractors, drove mine to at my request to let me know his thoughts, although he said he didn't own an hst one, he said it seemed louder than most that he's seen. That I should bring it in and maybe ask to adjust the HST. Now that I have my trailer back, I'm back on the service bandwagon.

I spoke with a service manager at one dealership. He said the partial reason why it was loud is because I had the FEL and backhoe on and it created more pipe or travel area for the fluid which was attributing to the noise? I asked if we could put a "turn off" knob somewhere in the loop to effectively "shut off" the hydraulics in the backhoe when I wasn't using it, to lessen the noise, but he just nodded his head.

Second he said theres nothing you could do about it and when i asked him if he could mess with the servos like the old timer suggested, and he said he could tune it down so it wasn't so noisy, but I would lose power as a result.

Some have said that the rubber mounts the cab sits on, wasn't set properly, or they shimmed the cab up to lessen the noise in some circumstances. All in all, its worth a visit to the dealer. But again, if you have 85 DB to deal with, not so bad imho.