B2620 Hydro Oil

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Hopefully this hasn't been discussed but I didn't have time to search.
When I bought my tractor I also got all the fluids and filters to have on hand at home here.
I didn't realize until I got it home the hydro oil is just regular Kubota Premium UDT.

Is it worth switching to synthetic in the trans/hydro? Anybody notice a difference in performance.

Temp here ranges from 25*C in summer to minus 30*C in the winter.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
UDT2 does a better job at keeping it's viscosity low.
I think the difference between UDT and UDT2 is more noticeable in the newer more complicated tractors.

BX25DMan

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Sep 16, 2013
Southeast MA
UDT2 does a better job at keeping it's viscosity low.
I think the difference between UDT and UDT2 is more noticeable in the newer more complicated tractors.
I have always been an advocate of synthetic lubricants. I've used them for over 30 years in cars, trucks, tractors including lawn and garden equipment.

I took delivery of a new BX25D in April 2013 and was wondering what fluids are used in a new machine?

What does UDT2 stand for and is there a synthetic hydraulic I should use when I change it this summer?

PrairieSoul

Equipment
B2920 BX2755HD LA364FL BH65
Dec 23, 2013
Manitoba
There have been a couple of previous threads.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9350
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48

I have attempted searching the internet for information on the Canadian Premium UDT. There is not much, certainly no technical data. There is anecdotal conversations that claim it is PetroCanada Duratran Synthetic. Interesting since Kubota US apparently acknowledges Super UDT2 is a synthetic blend. As well it is claimed that Kubota US holds the copyright on the SUDT name so Kubota Canada has to use a different name.

If you look at the Petro-Canada page for Duratran products,
http://lubricants.petro-canada.ca/en/products/567.aspx
it does list the Synthetic as the all season fluid and the tech sheet does list it as recommended for where Kubota SUDT fluids are called for (unlike the other Duratran products which list only UDT).

Duratran Synthetic and SUDT2 are made from Group III stocks so, bottom line, if you want a true Group IV base stock 100 % synthetic oil you will have to go to something like Amsoil.

I have used Premium UDT as low as -35c (not wind chill, real temperature) and it seems to work fine at that temperature.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks for that info PrairieSoul. I was kinda confused when I got the oil, but now I do know Canada and the U.S. use different names.

Funny thing is when I asked about the oil at my dealer one salesman told me to buy it at Tractor Supply because it is cheaper, lol.

But I'll keep buying the Kubota oil from dealer.....then they can never argue warranty.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thanks for that info PrairieSoul. I was kinda confused when I got the oil, but now I do know Canada and the U.S. use different names.

Funny thing is when I asked about the oil at my dealer one salesman told me to buy it at Tractor Supply because it is cheaper, lol.

But I'll keep buying the Kubota oil from dealer.....then they can never argue warranty.
Don't go with TSC oil or you will really hate yourself.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Whatever you buy for oil, make sure the specs say it is for your machine. A lot of hydraulic oil out there is only for hydraulic systems in things like woodsplitters or dump trucks, not tractor transmissions. If your tractor has less than 50 hours on it, I would wait to change the oil until it is ready for its 50 hour service. That way you can let it finish it's break in, then change it with fresh oil and filters and be all set to go.