B2410 no start condition

FritzOrange

Equipment
B2410 HST with loader, grading blade, and bushhog
Aug 28, 2010
Panama City, FL
Greetings all, my first post, you all have a great forum here with lots of great information and advice. I have had my B2410 HST for around 8 years, I run a front loader, grading blade, or rear PTO driven bushhog, she still runs great and gets a lot of work done for me, recently i have not been able to start the engine with the key, i have had to short the solenoid to the starter to turn the tractor on. Per the WSM there are 5 safety switches that can lockout the starter, I have checked the clutch pedal free travel to ensure that the clutch is engaging its safety switch, though i still need to check the electrical function of the clutch safety switch, any advice for troubleshooting or testing other safety switches?

--thanks, J. Fritz

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Find the wires that go to the switch and check them with a ohm meter in the closed possition. If they are working it should pass current thru the switch. If you have it closed and no current passes thru then you located your bad switch.

B2710HSD

Equipment
B2710HSD belly mower flail water bowser logging bench
Aug 12, 2011
CHEPSTOW UK
hi, not quite diagnostic advice but i found a similar situation with my b2710 was caused by the speed control pedal not returning to its neutral position, a quick tap on the reverse pedal does the trick. at the time i didnt even realise there was an interlock on this pedal and spent a lot of time fiddling with the other switches before finding the problem.

Chiro

Equipment
L300DT
Aug 13, 2011
Centreville, MD
I have an L3000DT that has the same issue right now, I just posted it. I was not able to start it via shorting the starter.

I thought this would bypass the safety system, shouldn't it? I have no idea where the safety switches are; it would make sense to me that there are more then 1.

Is my starter bad?