B1502 - Hydraulic oil capacity w/ aftermarket loader

vauxhall

Equipment
B1502DT
Mar 6, 2019
Germany
Hey guys,

me again with another question concerning the B1502. I‘m planning a complete oil change on axle, engine and transmission/hydraulics. Doing the math I was wondering about the hydraulic oil capacity ... manual says 17 l but manual knows nothing about the aftermarket FEL fitted to the tractor. When lifting a few liters will go into the cylinders and even when not there will be an amount in the pipes and lines. Do I have to add a certain amount on top or will the original capacity be okay without a dry running trans under load?

As always ... thanks so much!
Tom

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Tom

The manual is a close guess but does not work in real life.

I buy a little additional of hydraulic fluid. After pushing air out after refilling, I add hydraulic fluid to middle of sight-glass. A few days later then adjust as needed.

Happy tractoring

vauxhall

Equipment
B1502DT
Mar 6, 2019
Germany
Thank you, Jim. Just to make sure that we're talking about the same thing ... you mean that if the oil hits the max on the dipstick it will be sufficient for loader or other implement operation?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thank you, Jim. Just to make sure that we're talking about the same thing ... you mean that if the oil hits the max on the dipstick it will be sufficient for loader or other implement operation?
Max and no more, you don't over fill hydraulic level for Implements or FEL's. ;)