B-7100 head cover gasket

Damolo

Equipment
Kubota B-7100 HST
Aug 16, 2024
Glasgow, Ky.
I recently had to replace the head cover gasket on my 1980 B-7100 HST tractor. The part number for the gasket is 15381-14520. Problem is the gasket was too long by about an inch, so I had to trim it to make it fit. When a leak developed, I removed the gasket and reinstalled it with a gasket sealer. It had to be trimmed again, about 1/2" to make it fit. I'm guessing it may have stretched out some when I removed it? Could I have accidently stretched it in the initial install? Any advice much appreciated!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
head cover gasket
I think he meant the valve cover gasket.
If so, when I replaced my B7100 valve cover gasket, (years ago) it fit perfectly, and still fit & sealed when I checked valve adjustment a few years after. Still no leaks.
Sounds like maybe you got the wrong gasket.

Reactions: 1 user

Anthony250f

Jun 4, 2023
San Diego
If so, when I replaced my B7100 valve cover gasket, (years ago) it fit perfectly, and still fit & sealed when I checked valve adjustment a few years after. Still no leaks.
You are correct after googling that part number

Damolo

Equipment
Kubota B-7100 HST
Aug 16, 2024
Glasgow, Ky.
Thanks, Lil Foot, for your reply. Yes, I meant the valve cover gasket. In my Japanese Parts List book that came with the tractor they call it a "head cover" gasket, something lost in translation I guess. I do feel like it is the wrong part, but it's the one called for for the B7100. I suppose it's possible the engine has been replaced--I've only had it for 20 years--but it looks exactly like the D750-AH engine in my parts book. Is there a serial number on the engine that I can reference to see exactly what I have?
Thanks.