Auction RTV-X1140

Metlguy93

Equipment
RTV-X1140, L3130
Oct 25, 2024
Tennessee
Picked up a used RTV-X1140 at auction. It was running and driving at the auction. Got it home and won't start. It turns over hard but does not run. Seems like it is either not getting fuel or not fully in neutral. Seller said transmission was acting up and why it went to auction.

It will not roll in neutral. Can I drag it to the shop (they delivered to end of driveway)?

Thoughts?

Also - anyone know where to get replacement body parts? Need a battery compartment cover and drivers headlight assy.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB, 2014 RTV-1140CPX
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
For parts there are several sellers on ebay. Just search for the model. Also do search for "rtv salvage".

It sounds like the tranny is stuck in gear and wont roll in neutral. Could you push/pull it back and forward while another person jiggles the shifter.

Also look up "relief valve on VHT" and you will see that sometimes the valve is out of adjustment.

Also there are starter interlock switches but it sounds more like the injector stop solenoid might not be working correctly since engine cranks but no start.

Check kubotabooks.com also for manuals

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

Metlguy93

Equipment
RTV-X1140, L3130
Oct 25, 2024
Tennessee
For parts there are several sellers on ebay. Just search for the model. Also do search for "rtv salvage".

It sounds like the tranny is stuck in gear and wont roll in neutral. Could you push/pull it back and forward while another person jiggles the shifter.

Also look up "relief valve on VHT" and you will see that sometimes the valve is out of adjustment.

Also there are starter interlock switches but it sounds more like the injector stop solenoid might not be working correctly since engine cranks but no start.

Check kubotabooks.com also for manuals
Well I did something and now it rolls. Still will not run though. It cranks fine. Fuel filter replaced. Fuel shutoff solenoid fires good when I have key on and plug/unplug it. Pumped the little primer for about 2 minutes. I can hear fuel dribbling back into the tank. If I pull one of the fuel lines to the injector I get no fuel when I crank it.

Do the injection pumps go bad on these things?

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB, 2014 RTV-1140CPX
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hmmm kinda sounds like the injector isn't injecting.

Someone on here may have a good idea whether these injectors are subject to failure. I cant say for sure.

There is a guy who had an internal part on the injector break however.

If you pull out the pump dont lose the shims if any and take pictures so you know exactly how things go back together

See this thread below.

Reactions: 1 users