Anyone lost a child before their time.

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
Happened monday, I am trying to sort through this whole process this week. He was a great son, Served 7 years, and ended as a 10th. Mountain Scout Sniper that was in Iraq and Afghanistan. Seen and done a lot in his short time.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My deepest condolences to you and your family.. No patient should ever have to bury a child. He was a warrior and fought to keep you and I free and I thank him for that and I thank you for raising a HERO
Semper Fi

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
I am so sorry for your loss! I have not lost one of my four Sons and can not even begin to understand what you and your family is going through. I am sure there are others out there that have gone through the same as you are now.

Although I am not American I do have the upmost respect for those young men and women that are putting everything on the line to defend those that need help against that tyranny!

My condolences to you, your family, friends and fellow service People!

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I am extremely sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost loved ones but not a child. There is a special bond that exists between a parent an a child that is like no other. It is natural and right that you morn his loss. It is also important to celebrate his life and to honor him for what he stood for. It is a tradition in my family to have a gathering, either before or shortly after the funeral, to do just that. Yes, many tears are shed but they are tears remembering the good times. Do not try to sort through and process everything in a week. That is an imposable task. I thank you for raising a child that grew up to be such a responsible and vibrant young man.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
My condolences, I don't know if I could bear it. One of my sons was in the 82nd Airborne and we lived in constant fear, but it can as easily happen in so many other ways. I've had friends go through this and been amazed at their resilience; wish there was something we could say or do to ease your pain.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Doug, we can feel your pain and it hurts us as you tell us. Our prays and thoughts will be with you and your family.

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
Yes, it certainly is a hard knock. I got a great daughter as well so that is helpful. We are a resilient family and will be ok. He was tough as nails ever since he was little, a chaser of danger, adrenalin, and anything extreme. He would at the very least demand of me to be tough now, plus I cant go soft in front of all his Army buddies. He'd have a cow. It's time to get ready to go, I am stalling a bit here as the wife and daughter work on their cloths. Viewing tonight, and full Military proceedings tomorrow at noon to 1 at our Veterans Cemetary here in Madison. I got a couple of trinkets for big orange so maybe afterwards I will tinker outside, supposed to be beautiful for mid January and outside is where Chris would of been on a day like that.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I am so sorry for your loss. He was a great son and I have no idea what that is like as all my children are still alive.

I know I probably wouldn't handle it as well as you are. I lost a dear friend while in Country and it knocked me for a loop. I became a drunk for a few months so I know loosing a child would probably kill me.

My prayers are with you.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Im very sorry to hear of this, you must be very proud of him. Keep your head up, he will be in good hands.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Sorry to hear of your loss. I am lost for words. Several friends have gone tragically, two were brothers, about a year apart. I cant begin to imagine what you are going through at this time. Your friends and family are there for you,its ok to turn to them for support. My best friends mother was taken away from him in a voilent crime,most if his friends couldnt talk to him for a year.i stuck by because he needed me to.
Best regards,
Frank
P.s.i would give my life for my kids....

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
So sorry, Doug, thank you for sharing his picture, what a great kid you were blessed with. Mary

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My condolences, and thank you and your son for the sacrifices you've both made for our country.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
... I got a couple of trinkets for big orange so maybe afterwards I will tinker outside, supposed to be beautiful for mid January and outside is where Chris would of been on a day like that.

Go outside and tinker on ol' Orange. Each ray of sun on you is a piercing shot from his rifle..... no longer are they ones that tear flesh and bone.. but ones that pierce with his respect and love for family and country. Relish in the piercing and feel his thanks to you.

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
Sorry to hear of your loss. I could not imagine what you are going thru. My condolences to your family

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Thank for sharing your son with us in the armed forces. He sounds like a fine young man . Be proud and don't forget to cry it does not make you any less of a man and it always makes me feel so much better, thanks again.. Your a good father.....Dan