Anyone know of / bought from Catawba Attachments?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day.

While doing some searching / shopping, company named Catawba Attachments came up…had not come across them before. Which seemed strange and can’t say I’ve seen mentioned in recent reviews on this site for that matter (which seems strange). Some of products look similar to EA…anyone know of them / bought from them?

Thanks 🥃

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Good day.

While doing some searching / shopping, company named Catawba Attachments came up…had not come across them before. Which seemed strange and can’t say I’ve seen mentioned in recent reviews on this site for that matter (which seems strange). Some of products look similar to EA…anyone know of them / bought from them?

Thanks 🥃
From their website, I do not see an equivalency to EA quality of design.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
From their website, I do not see an equivalency to EA quality of design.
I think their clam style grapple looks similar (not same) and so does cultipacker…not same, but pretty close.

Either way with all the experienced and broad background and new and used implements users across this site (members from all over USA, Canada and other great counties), I am sort of surprised not more than one chimed in.

I think we’ve seen more people on this site that bitched about EA that never even bought or used their stuff than has heard of this Catawba…thats a data point for sure.

So I am sort of surprised that not more discussion about who will pick up slack or who the new implement supplier is that is popping up in searches now? To me that sort of seems strange that catawba that according to their home page has been around a few years but why didn’t they pop up in searches before?

Really, no one on this site has seen (or maybe not many follow this thread?) or someone has not piped up they bought something there?…something maybe not smell right to me about that site if no one here familiar with it. (They are from same county as EA, no?) 🥃

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That’s a man looking to get into the glass lake house game.
That’s sort of what I wondered…I know all the smoke with EA has not cleared and we maybe don’t know all the details(and may not for some time) but that’s an interesting coincidence, right?

trackman23

Equipment
MX4800
Nov 22, 2023
NC
I'm going to find out...

I will never see the box blade I ordered from EA and came across Catawba Attachments while looking for alternatives. They seem to have a decent reputation on Facebook (I know, maybe not the most reliable) but when I called them I developed a comfort level pretty quickly.

After the EA disaster, I am hesitant to pay for anything upfront and explained that to CA and without argument, they told me not to worry about the deposit or payment and that they would call me in 1-2 weeks when the box blade was built and get my credit card info then if I still wanted it.

Seems like the right way to do business so I will give them a shot.

Cody Dellinger

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Mar 8, 2024
Stony Point NC
I think their clam style grapple looks similar (not same) and so does cultipacker…not same, but pretty close.

Either way with all the experienced and broad background and new and used implements users across this site (members from all over USA, Canada and other great counties), I am sort of surprised not more than one chimed in.

I think we’ve seen more people on this site that bitched about EA that never even bought or used their stuff than has heard of this Catawba…thats a data point for sure.

So I am sort of surprised that not more discussion about who will pick up slack or who the new implement supplier is that is popping up in searches now? To me that sort of seems strange that catawba that according to their home page has been around a few years but why didn’t they pop up in searches before?

Really, no one on this site has seen (or maybe not many follow this thread?) or someone has not piped up they bought something there?…something maybe not smell right to me about that site if no one here familiar with it. (They are from same county as EA, no?) 🥃
I can offer some insight because I’m Cody Dellinger, the younger guy in the picture on the website. I actually joined this because we have a L4701 and it’s useful to go to forums with questions but I ran across this and figured I should offer clarification. We have been around as a fabrication business since 1988, started by my father, who still works circles around everyone, even today. We’ve built farm equipment for a long time as well but sold to local dealers and didn’t brand it. We gave it a name in 2017/2018 but never really pushed it because it was still overwhelming at the time. Once I got on full time after graduating from NC State in the summer of 2018 I made it my goal to really work on new designs, and getting the brand pushed. I ramped it up recently because I realize there is a void with what happened at EA and we have the ability to offer quality equipment at a fair price! We are not perfect and we won’t claim to be the best thing that’s ever walked this earth like EA did but we are excited to see where things go. You can check out our main site at www.ewifab.com.

Reactions: 6 users

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
I can offer some insight because I’m Cody Dellinger, the younger guy in the picture on the website. I actually joined this because we have a L4701 and it’s useful to go to forums with questions but I ran across this and figured I should offer clarification. We have been around as a fabrication business since 1988, started by my father, who still works circles around everyone, even today. We’ve built farm equipment for a long time as well but sold to local dealers and didn’t brand it. We gave it a name in 2017/2018 but never really pushed it because it was still overwhelming at the time. Once I got on full time after graduating from NC State in the summer of 2018 I made it my goal to really work on new designs, and getting the brand pushed. I ramped it up recently because I realize there is a void with what happened at EA and we have the ability to offer quality equipment at a fair price! We are not perfect and we won’t claim to be the best thing that’s ever walked this earth like EA did but we are excited to see where things go. You can check out our main site at www.ewifab.com.
Hi Cody, Thanks for the thoughtful response. I’m in Winston and I’m sure you’re well aware of all the attachment builders in the area, especially in Denton. What sets your families business apart from the others? Do you offer a discount to customers who can pick up? Do you have plans to build a scrape blade. I noticed none of the local builders make a scrape blade, but EA did.
Yes I believe you have a great opportunity to exploit the disappearance of EA. Is your yard open to the public? A friend and I would love to visit and check out your attachments. Best of luck.

Cody Dellinger

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Mar 8, 2024
Stony Point NC
Hi Cody, Thanks for the thoughtful response. I’m in Winston and I’m sure you’re well aware of all the attachment builders in the area, especially in Denton. What sets your families business apart from the others? Do you offer a discount to customers who can pick up? Do you have plans to build a scrape blade. I noticed none of the local builders make a scrape blade, but EA did.
Yes I believe you have a great opportunity to exploit the disappearance of EA. Is your yard open to the public? A friend and I would love to visit and check out your attachments. Best of luck.
Of course, we are aiming to build a better product that the others in the area pushing out equipment to dealers through stronger designs. We have reinvested in our equipment over the years to give us state of the art technology such as a TRUMPF tube laser and Mitsubishi sheet lasers to ensure we can always produce quality parts. The tube laser is changing the game for us as we learn new ways to build things with it.

We are open to visitors and we do offer a local discount that typically knocks off a couple hundred and we do have a scrape blade modeled. We just have to finalize the design and get it built for testing. That should be happening soon! We are also working on rotary cutters and should be releasing a rake style grapple here soon as well once we can put it to the test ourselves!

Reactions: 1 users

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Of course, we are aiming to build a better product that the others in the area pushing out equipment to dealers through stronger designs. We have reinvested in our equipment over the years to give us state of the art technology such as a TRUMPF tube laser and Mitsubishi sheet lasers to ensure we can always produce quality parts. The tube laser is changing the game for us as we learn new ways to build things with it.

We are open to visitors and we do offer a local discount that typically knocks off a couple hundred and we do have a scrape blade modeled. We just have to finalize the design and get it built for testing. That should be happening soon! We are also working on rotary cutters and should be releasing a rake style grapple here soon as well once we can put it to the test ourselves!
Are all of your products made in house? No outsourcing from other shops or rebranded products? I'm looking at your pallet forks, and the price seems a little too godlod to be true.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

EA built what they called their "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade"
I love it.
I have had KK, Tarter Gate, and SPECO blades prior.
The EA blade appears to have been a copy of the Leinbach.
You should try to copy that! (manual blade).

Last edited:

Camoranger0764

Equipment
L3400
May 30, 2021
Louisiana
I spoke with Cody last week, He was Very Nice and Talked with me for 10 or 15 minute. He was very knowledgeable, with Customer Service and Quality first! . They’re working on a New Grapple now, after talking with Cody I’ll be placing a order for one of their Grapples as soon as they become available.
I’m one of the people that had a Grapple on order from “EA”. I will keep everyone updated.

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
I spoke with Cody last week, He was Very Nice and Talked with me for 10 or 15 minute. He was very knowledgeable, with Customer Service and Quality first! . They’re working on a New Grapple now, after talking with Cody I’ll be placing a order for one of their Grapples as soon as they become available.
I’m one of the people that had a Grapple on order from “EA”. I will keep everyone updated.
Will it be lightweight in the 240-300lb range? That was the main appeal for me for the EA 55. When you’re lifting and loading big logs a few extra pounds of lifting capacity makes a difference.

Cody Dellinger

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Mar 8, 2024
Stony Point NC
Are all of your products made in house? No outsourcing from other shops or rebranded products? I'm looking at your pallet forks, and the price seems a little too godlod to be true.
We do build everything in house except for the items that say Farmmax. For example we don’t plan on ever offering a tiller so that’s why we offer the farmmax brand. Same goes for a spreader. We also have the farmmax rake grapple currently because we are still working on our rake grapple, but we should be testing ours in the next week. Everything else we build! We may add in other things that won’t make sense for us to build in the future but not sure what those items may be. You can check out our Facebook page and see a lot of our equipment that we use to build this stuff! The tube laser is pretty mesmerizing to watch!

Cody Dellinger

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Mar 8, 2024
Stony Point NC
Will it be lightweight in the 240-300lb range? That was the main appeal for me for the EA 55. When you’re lifting and loading big logs a few extra pounds of lifting capacity makes a difference.
We are showing right around the 300 pound mark with the current design on our version of the 55. I believe the later versions of the EA grapple probably weighed more than what they stated because of the added features like the center hinge point.

Cody Dellinger

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Mar 8, 2024
Stony Point NC
EA built what they called their "6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blade"
I love it.
I had KK, Tarter Gate, and SPECO blades prior.
The EA blade appears to have been a copy of the Leinbach.
You should try to copy that! (manual blade).
I actually have a design started for one but it’s not finished. We have had a lot of people ask about one so it’s something we will have to make happen soon!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I actually have a design started for one but it’s not finished. We have had a lot of people ask about one so it’s something we will have to make happen soon!
I assume that you are currently making/selling forks.
Here is another EA copy idea.
They made their forks with the headrack (?), so that it was FLUSH with the face of the forks.
This makes for a nice straight/smooth/flush fork lean back surface.

I have/like the EA forks!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day and welcome to the forum. Thanks for chiming in. I like the website and appreciate the photos with dimensions….its really easy to search as well. 👍

I am interested in your heavy duty cultipacker…is it serviceable / have grease zerks? I did not see a mention of that and could not tell from the posted pics.

I am looking forward to hearing from someone that has used your product(s) and better yet to see one in person.

Cody Dellinger

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Mar 8, 2024
Stony Point NC
Good day and welcome to the forum. Thanks for chiming in. I like the website and appreciate the photos with dimensions….its really easy to search as well. 👍

I am interested in your heavy duty cultipacker…is it serviceable / have grease zerks? I did not see a mention of that and could not tell from the posted pics.

I am looking forward to hearing from someone that has used your product(s) and better yet to see one in person.
Yes sir! We use a 2” 4 bolt sealed flange bearing that can be greased.

Camoranger0764

Equipment
L3400
May 30, 2021
Louisiana
Hi, Everyone.. Just wanted to give a update. I just Received my new "Grapple" from Cody!! This thing looks Awesome!! Didn't have to Pay until it was ready to Ship!! GREAT Customer Service. I will give more u[dates as soon as I use it "It's Built like a "Tank" & It Stands Up when disconnected. 55"/ around 340 pounds. I'll be using on my MX5400 or L3540..

Reactions: 2 users