Anyone have a Low Profile Dump trailer?

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I own a BX25 , U25 ,and a Load Trail 5X10 Dump Trailer. The trailer works ok for the tractor, but there is no hope in flitting the U25 in it. Hence I need a new trailer. So for I have narrowed my search to a Low Profile 7X14 Iron Bull and same for a PJ.
What I dont know is if there are any negatives about going with a low profile trailer? I realize an 18ft tilt would be the better choice, but I dont want multiple trailers, and still want the ability to haul my own material.

Areas of Concern.

1. BX25 dump height. Its not great even in my 5X10 but does work.
2. Dump capability with a low profile trailer.
3. Hauling the Hoe in 7X14. I have seen picture with KX40 in one and it is tight.
4. Departure angle for loading. - this steers me to low profile trailer.

Thoughts?

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
I use my LAMAR 14' lo pro dump trailer to haul my L47TLB. The lower part of the backhoe boom clears by 1" on level ground when loading/unloading. The only problem I've ever had was with dumping. The 24" deck height is required.

As far as dumping material with lo pro vs standard 27" deck height is that when fully raised, the ground clearance on rear square tube rail is 5-6" which translates to a load being dumped over a slightly longer area.

My last lo pro dump trailer was a PJ and had those rear stabilizer posts that reduced clearance when dumping even more. The new trailer I just use blocks of wood.

I don't know how to post photos here, but click the link:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/trailers-transportation/540212d1518800192-lamar-dump-trailer-img_4199-jpg

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I use my LAMAR 14' lo pro dump trailer to haul my L47TLB. The lower part of the backhoe boom clears by 1" on level ground when loading/unloading. The only problem I've ever had was with dumping. The 24" deck height is required.

As far as dumping material with lo pro vs standard 27" deck height is that when fully raised, the ground clearance on rear square tube rail is 5-6" which translates to a load being dumped over a slightly longer area.

My last lo pro dump trailer was a PJ and had those rear stabilizer posts that reduced clearance when dumping even more. The new trailer I just use blocks of wood.

I don't know how to post photos here, but click the link:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/files/trailers-transportation/540212d1518800192-lamar-dump-trailer-img_4199-jpg
That is what my BX25 looks like in my 5X10. :) thank you for the input

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
You can order, or make a pair of long ramps for loading any tractor, or piece of equipment in a trailer. You can easily create any departure angle you need to load and unload. When I get my dump trailer, I will just make a set of 6’ ramps out of 2” angle iron

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
You can order, or make a pair of long ramps for loading any tractor, or piece of equipment in a trailer. You can easily create any departure angle you need to load and unload. When I get my dump trailer, I will just make a set of 6’ ramps out of 2” angle iron
6' ramps are standard. Longer ramp are heavier, needing additional material, and are a challenge to store during transport.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I own a BX25 , U25 ,and a Load Trail 5X10 Dump Trailer. The trailer works ok for the tractor, but there is no hope in flitting the U25 in it. Hence I need a new trailer. So for I have narrowed my search to a Low Profile 7X14 Iron Bull and same for a PJ.
What I dont know is if there are any negatives about going with a low profile trailer? I realize an 18ft tilt would be the better choice, but I dont want multiple trailers, and still want the ability to haul my own material.

Areas of Concern.

1. BX25 dump height. Its not great even in my 5X10 but does work.
2. Dump capability with a low profile trailer.
3. Hauling the Hoe in 7X14. I have seen picture with KX40 in one and it is tight.
4. Departure angle for loading. - this steers me to low profile trailer.

Thoughts?
I just bought a U 25s, yesterday, (and I'm glad to see another who feels the absolute need for BOTH a tractor and a mini-ex, ha ha) it's getting delivered Saturday. I will be using the same 10K 7x12 dump bed trailer I bought to haul my L3301 around. Depending on the rear attachment I just close the rear doors as much as possible, secure them, and then flag it. Sure a longer trailer would work also, but the CG of this setup is good, it tows great, I like the weight distribution. Heavier and longer rear tools, like the brush hog, I sometimes just take off and carry in the tow truck's flatbed.

I'm not sure what you mean by low profile... but the steel side boards on mine are about 24". Unlike all the Youtube video's I've seen on how you can walk a excavator off a truck or trailer WITHOUT using any ramps:eek: I plan to buck the trend and use the built in ramps that came with the trailer. I can load it with enough gravel to be 1500 lbs over weight, before running out of room, more weight then it will dump (guess how I found that out) the shorter sideboards are not an issue and are nice when you are climbing in the thing. Besides, if the need arises for hauling high volume/low weight items, temporary extentions to them would be real easy to do.

Attachments

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I just bought a U 25s, yesterday, (and I'm glad to see another who feels the absolute need for BOTH a tractor and a mini-ex, ha ha) it's getting delivered Saturday. I will be using the same 10K 7x12 dump bed trailer I bought to haul my L3301 around. Depending on the rear attachment I just close the rear doors as much as possible, secure them, and then flag it. Sure a longer trailer would work also, but the CG of this setup is good, it tows great, I like the weight distribution. Heavier and longer rear tools, like the brush hog, I sometimes just take off and carry in the tow truck's flatbed.

I'm not sure what you mean by low profile... but the steel side boards on mine are about 24". Unlike all the Youtube video's I've seen on how you can walk a excavator off a truck or trailer WITHOUT using any ramps:eek: I plan to buck the trend and use the built in ramps that came with the trailer. I can load it with enough gravel to be 1500 lbs over weight, before running out of room, more weight then it will dump (guess how I found that out) the shorter sideboards are not an issue and are nice when you are climbing in the thing. Besides, if the need arises for hauling high volume/low weight items, temporary extentions to them would be real easy to do.
Every man needs 1. A Chop Saw, 2. A Tractor 3. An Excavator. :D

Low Profile trailers are basically the same thing, but sit lower due to the way the axles are fitted and the box is installed on the frame rails. With a 12" trailer you will be very tight with a u25. I would be interested to see how it works for you. I am nervous about a 14 as I haul mine home on a 18" trailer and it was just enough.I will need to haul with boom higher for sure. I have yet to try mine in the new trailer.

Last edited:

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
The U25 is getting delivered in a day, and I'm bringing it home with the 12' trailer, one way or the other! I'm not crystal clear on how you configure the boom when hauling. Right now I'm just planning on running it as far forward as I can, then laying the boom down to the rear as far as I can. Center of gravity wise, that should work. I have a 1 ton truck, dually. I'm looking at the car hauler type trailer it's on right now, (but still in Nebraska) and near as I can estimate, looks to be about 10' long over all, the way they have the boom stowed. The trailer is for sure tight for my L3301, but doable, and fits just perfectly along with other stuff in my hangar I keep it in, a 14' 'er would have required another outbuilding, something I am putting off as I am spending all my money on tractor attachments and now the excavator. Even worse, I am now shopping for attachments for the excavator!

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
The U25 is getting delivered in a day, and I'm bringing it home with the 12' trailer, one way or the other! I'm not crystal clear on how you configure the boom when hauling. Right now I'm just planning on running it as far forward as I can, then laying the boom down to the rear as far as I can. Center of gravity wise, that should work. I have a 1 ton truck, dually. I'm looking at the car hauler type trailer it's on right now, (but still in Nebraska) and near as I can estimate, looks to be about 10' long over all, the way they have the boom stowed. The trailer is for sure tight for my L3301, but doable, and fits just perfectly along with other stuff in my hangar I keep it in, a 14' 'er would have required another outbuilding, something I am putting off as I am spending all my money on tractor attachments and now the excavator. Even worse, I am now shopping for attachments for the excavator!

Well... What U25 attachments do you fancy?

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Looking at this picture of my U25 on the trailer it's being delivered on, it seems to eyeball less then 12' the way they have the boom positioned, we'll see for sure in a day.

Attachments