ANY POLITICAL THREAD OR POST

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I wouldn't take any open package unless I was starving to the point of being dead. You never know is someone had tampered with the product inside. I have seen people hand a McDonalds sandwich to a homeless person and they won't take the chance that it might be tainted. I honestly can't say that I blame them because there are so many weird people today.
I clearly remember the door bell ringing when I was about 6 years old. It was a "bum" as they were called back then, and they traveled on the inside of the empty box cars from town to town. We lived quite close to the tracks so occasionally one would be seen on the streets nearby. The "bum" asked my mother for something to eat, so she invited him in and fed him lunch. He thanked her and left. For the next few days it seemed that the doorbell rang more than usual. The "bum" had written in chalk a "code" for other bums that told them that the person nearby would give them food. Then one day it rained and the chalk marks were gone. Only when I saw them a few years later on the sidewalk did I understand the meaning of the marks. Today a child or woman wouldn't answer the door even for a well dressed person, and definitely not a "homeless person". I have always remembered the lessons of kindness I leaned from my mother, and I still am willing to help others whenever I can. I just don't have her tolerance for stupidity. The one thing that college taught me was that common sense isn't all that common any longer.

Reactions: 1 users

trevoroni

Equipment
B6000
May 24, 2023
Canada
Will get the poster a VACATION.

I have better things to do than constantly delete threads and posts!
As someone who just vacationed through Northern Idaho I don't know how you have time to moderate this zoo....
It's been my third or fourth time through and every time I think this is the place for me.

Reactions: 1 user