Another Great China Product

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Tie a chain
That’s great TIE a chain lol. 2 trucks ago this happened to me. Don’t think I removed it from day one so it was probably in for 5ish years in Ontario and its crappy salt roads. Soaked in penetrating oil the night before. Lockable pin was seized so had to break that first. Broke like butter so it was also the last time I put one of those nice looking lock pins on. Chained it to a big ol tree and just threw rocks and gravel around. Didn’t even budge. I’m sure heat would have gotten it but that was enough for me to just let it go to the dealer as is lol. New truck new ball.

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
MHO is anybody that leaves a trailer hitch on and parks where I have to walk sound be taken out and made to remove it! Yeah you know about shins and knees on trailer hitches,,, grrrrrr

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
MHO is anybody that leaves a trailer hitch on and parks where I have to walk sound be taken out and made to remove it! Yeah you know about shins and knees on trailer hitches,,, grrrrrr
We belong(ed) to an RV/Trailer club that had monthly get/camp-together’s …involving food, fun, and frivolities.… and about 90% of those folks would Grease their trailer-balls… slathering all kinds of ugly, nasty grease on them. … And then complain about ruined pant-legs when they hitch-un-hitch their camping-trailers. (Virtually all of them were towing long trailers with SUVs and P/U trucks…which were too small for a 35’ long, dbl or trpl axle Airstream, etc….. so they were All Dedicated to H.D. weight-distributing-hitches.… Anyone (like me) who towed Any Kind of camping-trailer without a WDH was considered a suicidal idiot.…regardless of whether or not they towed with complete competent, satisfaction “on the ball”...)

I tow a 22’ 4K-lb single-axle Airstream “on the ball” with a P/U.

We quit attending. I refuse to grease a trailer ball. If it ever wears-out….I’ll replace it.

IMG_1490.jpeg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We belong(ed) to an RV/Trailer club that had monthly get/camp-together’s …involving food, fun, and frivolities.… and about 90% of those folks would Grease their trailer-balls… slathering all kinds of ugly, nasty grease on them. … And then complain about ruined pant-legs when they hitch-un-hitch their camping-trailers. (Virtually all of them were towing long trailers with SUVs and P/U trucks…which were too small for a 35’ long, dbl or trpl axle Airstream, etc….. so they were All Dedicated to H.D. weight-distributing-hitches.… Anyone (like me) who towed Any Kind of camping-trailer without a WDH was considered a suicidal idiot.…regardless of whether or not they towed with complete competent, satisfaction “on the ball”...)

I tow a 22’ 4K-lb single-axle Airstream “on the ball” with a P/U.

We quit attending. I refuse to grease a trailer ball. If it ever wears-out….I’ll replace it.

View attachment 123863
I tow(ed) my 20 ft. 14,000 GVW trailer with my Kubota L48 TLB aboard.
For SAFETY purposes I used a 15,000 weight distribution hitch.
I used grease on that hitch,.....both the coupler, and the stabilizer bars..

It was sorta funny too.
I was towing across our Northern border, and it was kinda neat to see the (only occasional obnoxious) CPB agent get a bit greasy.
I did occasionally get grease on myself also.
I carried a small can of lacquer thinner, and a roll of paper towels......for ME!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I tow(ed) my 20 ft. 14,000 GVW trailer with my Kubota L48 TLB aboard.
For SAFETY purposes I used a 15,000 weight distribution hitch.
I used grease on that hitch,.....both the coupler, and the stabilizer bars..

It was sorta funny too.
I was towing across our Northern border, and it was kinda neat to see the (only occasional obnoxious) CPB agent get a bit greasy.
I did occasionally get grease on myself also.
I carried a small can of lacquer thinner, and a roll of paper towels......for ME!
I cannot criticize the Canadian Customs Agents from my experiences of many many many border crossings in my career. They were without exception diligent and courteous. In a couple of instances they merely asked me to telephone them upon reaching my destination…and they didn’t even come out to the airplane…they asked a few questions and wished me a “good day”.

The U.S. Customs Agents are ‘’Usually” very businesslike, courteous, but strictly following the rules… in a few instances downright obnoxious… and in one instance (Amarillo…the inspectors name was…no kidding!…”Dudley Wright”… :LOL: … I had pre-claimed on the Flight Plan “Comments Section”…. 8-Cases of “Extra Old Stout”… arriving from Calgary, B.C.

I had it stored/stacked in the crew ward-robe cabinet at the rear of the cabin near the lavatory to keep it hidden from pax… they knew nothing of it.

Inspector Dudley boarded the airplane….looked down the aisle at the passengers…asked them if they were all U.S. Citizens…. did they have anything to “declare”… (they nodded Yes and No)…and he then turned to me (pilot in command) and asked me “You’ve already consumed all that beer…Right?”
:oops: My pax suddenly took an intense interest in the conversation.

I replied, “No… I’m the CAPTAIN of this flight!”

He looked at me again, and said, “SO..you’ve already CONSUMED that Canadian Beer…. Correct..?!?!”

I was flabber-gasted ! that he would suggest that I’d been drinking as the pilot of the flight…

…(he then lowered his voice and whispered, “…or perhaps you’d prefer to unload all Eight Cases…bring them into the terminal building for opening the boxes and paying the duties….🧐 …)

“OH ! …(I finally awoke to his line-of-thought)….”It’ has All Been Consumed”!“

“Thank you , All! Have a Blessed Day!” he said, and I signed the Declaration Form ..and breathed a sigh of relief. 😋

(statute of limitations: This occurred in 1983.)

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I cannot criticize the Canadian Customs Agents from my experiences of many many many border crossings in my career. They were without exception diligent and courteous. In a couple of instances they merely asked me to telephone them upon reaching my destination…and they didn’t even come out to the airplane…they asked a few questions and wished me a “good day”.

The U.S. Customs Agents are ‘’Usually” very businesslike, courteous, but strictly following the rules… in a few instances downright obnoxious… and in one instance (Amarillo…the inspectors name was…no kidding!…”Dudley Wright”… :LOL: … I had pre-claimed on the Flight Plan “Comments Section”…. 8-Cases of “Extra Old Stout”… arriving from Calgary, B.C.

I had it stored/stacked in the crew ward-robe cabinet at the rear of the cabin near the lavatory to keep it hidden from pax… they knew nothing of it.

Inspector Dudley boarded the airplane….looked down the aisle at the passengers…asked them if they were all U.S. Citizens…. did they have anything to “declare”… (they nodded Yes and No)…and he then turned to me (pilot in command) and asked me “You’ve already consumed all that beer…Right?”
:oops: My pax suddenly took an intense interest in the conversation.

I replied, “No… I’m the CAPTAIN of this flight!”

He looked at me again, and said, “SO..you’ve already CONSUMED that Canadian Beer…. Correct..?!?!”

I was flabber-gasted ! that he would suggest that I’d been drinking as the pilot of the flight…

…(he then lowered his voice and whispered, “…or perhaps you’d prefer to unload all Eight Cases…bring them into the terminal building for opening the boxes and paying the duties….🧐 …)

“OH ! …(I finally awoke to his line-of-thought)….”It’ has All Been Consumed”!“

“Thank you , All! Have a Blessed Day!” he said, and I signed the Declaration Form ..and breathed a sigh of relief. 😋
I have crossed the Canadian border many times.
Have only had three real problems.
Two Canadian,......one USA, with USA being the worst!

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have crossed the Canadian order many times.
Have only had three real problems.
Two Canadian,......one USA, with USA being the worst!
Yes… I once had a flight from Naniamo B.C. to Olympia, WA…. and US Customs required me to delay arrival for more than two hours…so they could provide Customs. We did so…. arriving when Customs instructed us.

The Rule requires that NO ONE Deplane …until the Inspector arrives and authorizes it. One of the pax was ambulatory and required medical attention …and EMS was standing-by to provide that assistance, but were prohibited from approaching.

The Inspector was over AN HOUR LATE… while everyone stayed in their seats and the Ambulance was parked 100’ away….with the ambulatory pax watching anxiously thru his pax-window…

FINALLY the Inspector showed up…. AND CASTIGATED me for leaving the cockpit to explain the predicament to EMS. (The ”Rule” allows the Captain to leave the airplane to address critical business matters and to communicate with airport authorities.)

After the “inspection” (lecture) was over…. the Inspector got into his car and drove away… Completely Forgetting to have me Sign the Declarations and Failing to officially “release” the flight and pax’s.

(I suspect he trashed the entire record…to avoid being criticized by authorities for mis-handing the matter.)

I took it upon myself to do so.… (release the pax)…..and when arriving at Final Dest. (DAL) I made a report to Customs on the matter. Nothing more was ever heard of it, tho’.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
And that wonderful China junk just keeps arriving!!!!
Used it today to move my big trailer to get to my wood pile...very quick and handy.

Your talking boarder crossing above, I had a maple evaporator in the back of my truck shrink wrapped. I crossed in Niagara to Canada, of course jonClaude can see when you pull up with all the cameras what you have. I pulled and stopped, out of the booth he came to the rear of my truck. Then back to my window, "what right do you have to bring the evaporator into MY country???" "Pull around the corner" he said pissed off.
The hotels are way nicer on the Canadain side of the falls. In the morning I pull up to the USA side the agent came out headed to the rear of the truck. Then to my window, after a minute of conversation the agent said You took that across ?..wow , how'd they like that??
I said Pieere was not pleased with me...
He laughed "welcome back to the US"

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
And that wonderful China junk just keeps arriving!!!!
Used it today to move my big trailer to get to my wood pile...very quick and handy.

Your talking boarder crossing above, I had a maple evaporator in the back of my truck shrink wrapped. I crossed in Niagara to Canada, of course jonClaude can see when you pull up with all the cameras what you have. I pulled and stopped, out of the booth he came to the rear of my truck. Then back to my window, "what right do you have to bring the evaporator into MY country???" "Pull around the corner" he said pissed off.
The hotels are way nicer on the Canadain side of the falls. In the morning I pull up to the USA side the agent came out headed to the rear of the truck. Then to my window, after a minute of conversation the agent said You took that across ?..wow , how'd they like that??
I said Pieere was not pleased with me...
He laughed "welcome back to the US"
It only arrives because you order it! ;) ;)