Am I being too nit picky

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Obviously go through as much as possible with the delivery guy, but it is inevitable you will probably miss something and find when you have the time to just mull over the manuals and the machine after they leave without any pressure on you.

Go over the Start Checks as outlined in manual. These are the safety checks that prevent the tractor from starting if the PTO is engaged, seat sensor not engaged, etc. Also test operation of stationary PTO. The manual is a little confusing on this one (otherwise very well written and details manuals), The seat needs to be all the way tipped up or in the backhoe position. The seat sensor must have three positions to it. It was very confusing at first.

If you have a backhoe, once it is removed you need to loop the outlet pipe and power beyond lines. The tank return line just hangs out by itself. To the novice eye, it will not be obvious which lines these are other than the color coding of dust caps. My dealer had them all mixed up. Now he did correspondingly match the backhoe so hooking that up was not a problem, however the manual specifically states what color is which and if you loop the wrong lines you can have catastrophic results (according to manual), Luckily I figured this out. It took some time for me to figure out exactly which line was what and determined they swapped two of the colors. HINT: the return tank line is not under pressure, so if you follow it you will find a regular hose with hose clamps where it enters the transmission as well as another line Teed into it.

There should also be a strap holder to attach the tank line when not connected. Mine was not there and I only knew it should be by reading the manual. The guy just said you tie wrap it up or whatever. When I showed him the manual, he went back to his shop and found it for me. It really is hit and miss, these jamokes just rush these things out and pretty much do whatever they want. Its a real shame because its such a great product and then you have to face all these mostly minor issues that are just annoying because they pay little attention to detail.

So take the time to go over every detail because chances are your dealer did not. Once you spend the time you will make it all right and be very happy.

I mean I had stupid stuff like levers not engaging all the way because connectors and wires were in the way. My seat would pop up when it was adjusted forward because the jamokes did not use the proper spacers in the front two seat bolts and bent the metal plate when tightening and this caused the seat to hit and pull out the seat lock lever when it was slid forward. One lever hit a hard hydraulic line because they put the bracket in the wrong hole. They missed a grease fitting....... I mean its just silly crap. I lubed whatever they did not and took care of any flash rust that was there from sitting outside in the rain at the dealer. All the quick connect pins were dry (not the pivot pins) and minor corrosion was present in the holes. My ball joint things on the 3pt linkage arms and top link were rusty and hard to move. This was easily fixed by sprayig a rag in WD40 and cleaning it all.

I was able to fix most myself and resolve all the issues for the most part, no big deal, but its frustrating when you buy a nice new machine. Just understand its the dealer prep and not Kubota and if you take your time and really go through it before taking the thing for a joyride through the mud you will be better off and you will really learn your machine.

I bet I know more about this machine after two days then my sales guy and all the jamokes who laid their hands on it at their shop. With that said, my dealer has been awesome and responsive about it all.

So that was my day 1 and part of day 2. Today I got to do plenty of work and even got to rip out and crush an old AC compressor with my mechanical thumb......AWESOME! :cool:

Good Luck.

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Forgot to mention.....
I still have the 3pt hitch resolution issue to resolve (does not appear to be an assembly issue). Not a huge deal, its still works fine but does not start to raise until position 4.

And I am seeing that my FEL bucket is a bit crooked. I need to look closer at that tomorrow and try to identify the cause. That needs to get fiixed since it could make back dragging etc all messed up and not level.

So yeah its all BS and frustrating for sure. However, it all comes down to expectation and how you deal with it. We can stomp up and down and cry about it and expect perfection just because we are laying out $30k, or we can just accept the reality of the effed up world we live in and take proactive measures to take care of our own stuff and not count on ANYONE else to care like you do about your stuff.

So I just want this crooked bucket fixed and I will be a happy camper. its a great little machine.

I got a used boxblade and landscape rake/blade on craigslist a week before tractor arrived. I hooked them both up and made a few practice passes.

Now I am seriously jonesen for the Everything Attachments 50" Grapple :D
3rd function FEL valve already installed and ready to go! Oh yeah and a pirahna tooth bar! Can I get a loan anyone?

So I will say it again. RESIST the urge to go in full tractor mode and just park it in shady spot, sit in the seat and go over your manuals and start fiddling.

Now I am in grease gun and grease mode (on its way) and thinking about figuring out all the stuff I need for my first service.

Kubotajoe15

Equipment
B2601
Apr 24, 2015
Grand Rapids
Sorry hurleyhuckster I have been super busy lately, but yes my 3pt doenst start raising till ~4 of the number scale and yes that is annoying but I have just been running with it. Also I noticed my FEL is quite crooked, like 2"+ off when one side is touching, Let me know if you find out anything about that and i'll do the same.

On another note on the hood, the sales guy finally emailed me last week Friday and said they have the hood in stock and asked when they could come get the tractor. I emailed back right away Friday and said early this week. well I get an emial back on Wednesday asking if they could come get it Thursday. I asked how long the repair would take and he suggested calling the service dept and get that question answered. I called and asked and he said the repair is a 1 day turn and he would call me Thursday morning and let me know when he would be by to pick it up. No call and they just showed up (luckily my wife was home). Now on to today I call and ask how the repair is going and when they are going to deliver my baby back to me and he said they are having some trouble because the hood didn't come with the decals. GREAT so now they are going to express order the decals and hopefully get it back to me Monday. This is BS, why did they not check the box BEFORE they picked up my tractor. Now I am without it all weekend and on top of it the decals are probably going to be put on by some jamoke and better be located properly or ill be super pissed. I almost want to tell them to return it back to me and ups the decals to me and i'll put them on myself.