Adding a 3 spool valve

Bobbyu

Equipment
B7200HSTD, FEL, WOODS RM59
Feb 20, 2017
Kearney, NE
I built a grapple fork for my B7200hst this winter. I currently have a electric cylinder on it. I knew if would be slow cause I'm using one on a box scraper I built. On the box scraper it's ok to be slow on the grapple it is painful. Has anyone just swapped out the factory joystick for a 3 spool open center with float?

Bobbyu

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Kearney, NE
Yes I thought about that. I would like to upgrade my sloppy joy stick and I thought it would be cleaner just to have a 3 spool valve. Yes with the low flow rate it might be hard.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
So, if your FEL is "sloppy" have you thought about a rebuild kit for the FEL??

How many hoses do you have on your loader? Your tractor is open center but it might use Power Beyond (PB) or it's just plain Open Center. 4 lines supplying lift and curl, if you have 3 more hoses, you'll most likely have Power Beyond (PB) - if you only have 2 more hoses - it just plain open center.

I looked around and there is not much for low flow. About 8 GPM is what I found...

Bobbyu

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Kearney, NE
Yes 8gpm is about as low as I see. don't know if that would work. I have four hoses coming out of the control valve now going up to the FEL.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes 8gpm is about as low as I see. don't know if that would work. I have four hoses coming out of the control valve now going up to the FEL.
8GPM is fine, Like old and tired is asking, does it have 2 or 3 feed / return lines off the Spool valve now.

More than likely if it shares the hydraulics with the tractor it will be three lines, Power in, Power beyond and tank/return.
If that is the case you will have to make sure the new spool valve is an open center valve with PB (power beyond) capabilities.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4

Bobbyu

Equipment
Feb 20, 2017
Kearney, NE
Yes I have seven hoses. I've attached a picture of my valve. I believe everything is factory. Thanks for all your help. I'm sure as I study your suggestions I will have more questions

Attachments