48 in Dirt Dog Box grader Cat 1/3

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
I have been looking for a small box grader for 18 months. During Covid, the lag was nearly that long.
I found a small one at a local tractor shop. I did what little research I could and found that the manufacturer is only 40 miles away. I like that.
The one pictured sells for close to $1000. In my research, I've found some in the mid-$600s but they were set up for ATV tow behind. Of course, I want mine for Cat I 3-point hitch.

It is equipped as seen, with Cat I, 4 tangs. Is this a fair deal?
Does anyone have any experience with them?

I only found two reviews. One 5 star and one 1 star. The One star was for a ATV pull behind where he complained about the attachment for the ATV.

PXL_20230402_221405302.jpg

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I cannot help you with the pricing, as mine was purchased over two years ago.

However, I have been very pleased with my Dirt Dog 60 inch box blade. It has had significant use over the last two years; I used it to level three sites (30x30, 15x30 and 12x12 - each had about 1.5 feet of slope, and the ground consisted of hard red clay full of softball to football size rocks) and maintain my short but steep driveway. The box blade shows almost no wear. Is the Dirt Dog box blade the heaviest, toughest box blade out there - no, but it is more than tough enough for a compact tractor.

FWIW, Dirt Dog's manufacturing plant is just outside of Atlanta, and some of their stuff is sold under the John Deere Frontier name. I ended up with a Dirt Dog because there were no Land Pride units available, and I have no regrets. It fit my LP QH10 with no modifications.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I cannot help you with the pricing, as mine was purchased over two years ago.

However, I have been very pleased with my Dirt Dog 60 inch box blade. It has had significant use over the last two years; I used it to level three sites (30x30, 15x30 and 12x12 - each had about 1.5 feet of slope, and the ground consisted of hard red clay full of softball to football size rocks) and maintain my short but steep driveway. The box blade shows almost no wear. Is the Dirt Dog box blade the heaviest, toughest box blade out there - no, but it is more than tough enough for a compact tractor.

FWIW, Dirt Dog's manufacturing plant is just outside of Atlanta, and some of their stuff is sold under the John Deere Frontier name. I ended up with a Dirt Dog because there were no Land Pride units available, and I have no regrets. It fit my LP QH10 with no modifications.
I have been looking for a small box grader for 18 months. During Covid, the lag was nearly that long.
I found a small one at a local tractor shop. I did what little research I could and found that the manufacturer is only 40 miles away. I like that.
The one pictured sells for close to $1000. In my research, I've found some in the mid-$600s but they were set up for ATV tow behind. Of course, I want mine for Cat I 3-point hitch.

It is equipped as seen, with Cat I, 4 tangs. Is this a fair deal?
Does anyone have any experience with them?

I only found two reviews. One 5 star and one 1 star. The One star was for a ATV pull behind where he complained about the attachment for the ATV.

View attachment 99453
Is that a "Dirt Dog" brand box blade?
If not....who is the named manufacturer?

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Is that a "Dirt Dog" brand box blade?
If not....who is the named manufacturer?
Yes - Dirt Dog.

Reactions: 1 user

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
Yes - Dirt Dog.

I'm up here in Tiger, GA. Went to pick up the BBX but they had the hitch all wrong. It was advertised as Cat 1 but had Cat 0 pins. Waiting for Dirt-Dog to get the lift-arm correct and I'll pick it up.

Thanks for your quick answer.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm up here in Tiger, GA. Went to pick up the BBX but they had the hitch all wrong. It was advertised as Cat 1 but had Cat 0 pins. Waiting for Dirt-Dog to get the lift-arm correct and I'll pick it up.

Thanks for your quick answer.
Dirt Dog attachments do have a good reputation.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301. KX033-4
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
Where are you located?
My farm is in Gadsden, SC. I have a 4ft that is older, heavy duty & good condition. I'd take $500 for it.
Message me if you have interest. I can get more details and pics.

EDIT- I see you are not too close and looks like you found what you are looking for. I've seen a few dirt dog implements. They were all well made imo.