3 PTO Options?

cattledog04

Equipment
Kubota B2301 w/front loader, and bush hog
Aug 25, 2024
Warner Springs, CA
Good Morning,
First post. Just moved to 10 acres and the house came with a B2301. Pretty happy about that, but I noticed when trying to run the bush hog the pto lever only goes into the mid only or mid/back function. I cannot get the lever to go into the rear only function. Any ideas? I am assuming its ok to run the implement even though its not in the "rear only" position? Thanks.

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Go
Good Morning,
First post. Just moved to 10 acres and the house came with a B2301. Pretty happy about that, but I noticed when trying to run the bush hog the pto lever only goes into the mid only or mid/back function. I cannot get the lever to go into the rear only function. Any ideas? I am assuming its ok to run the implement even though its not in the "rear only" position? Thanks.
Good morning. Unless there is something wrong inside transmission the lever should/will go. Sometimes it’s a matter of putting your range selector in neutral and then trying your pto selector. Or also try running the pto and then shut it off, once it’s stopped spinning try selecting rear only. Worse case if you have someone to help shut tractor off with range sector in neutral have someone grab the pro shaft and turn it slowly back and forth while you try selecting rear only. Had this happen on my bx2680. Do you not force it whatever you do.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I downloaded the Owner's manual and it seems your tractor needs servicing ! That PTO lever is supposed to go to 'rear PTO only' position ( which makes sense). It might need a drop of oil to free up ? Others who own one are best to help.

In the meantime, no 'harm' is running both, providing of course nothing's attached to the midPTO shaft.

cattledog04

Equipment
Kubota B2301 w/front loader, and bush hog
Aug 25, 2024
Warner Springs, CA
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give that a try. Who knows when it was serviced? Probably a good idea to take it in and have one done.