3 Point Tiller L3901

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
SO i am looking for a Tiller as a counter weight for the FEL and its one of my must have attachments. However what should I buy? Brand?, Chain or gear?, reverse or forward?

This implement will get a lot of use on my farm and I plan to extensively build my soil by adding a lot of organic matter, chicken manure, etc. I have some rocks. If I break new beds I will have a lot of rocks.

I already called a few dealers on reverse tine tillers, one told me no one uses reverse in my area because of the rocks. I have used both walk behind forward and reverse tillers and I like reverse because it always seemed to leave the soil in a nice condition plus it always tills anything i want to add to the soil in without making 3+infinity passes.

Tractor Supply (county line) has a 6ft tiller that according to the manual will work either forward or reverse. But I know Land Pride, etc are also good products but I don't know if they are switchable. My recommend size for the L3901 (30hp PTO) is 66 inches i don't know if the CL one will be too much.

blank102

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Feb 2, 2015
Mexifornia
SO i am looking for a Tiller as a counter weight for the FEL and its one of my must have attachments. However what should I buy? Brand?, Chain or gear?, reverse or forward?

This implement will get a lot of use on my farm and I plan to extensively build my soil by adding a lot of organic matter, chicken manure, etc. I have some rocks. If I break new beds I will have a lot of rocks.

I already called a few dealers on reverse tine tillers, one told me no one uses reverse in my area because of the rocks. I have used both walk behind forward and reverse tillers and I like reverse because it always seemed to leave the soil in a nice condition plus it always tills anything i want to add to the soil in without making 3+infinity passes.

Tractor Supply (county line) has a 6ft tiller that according to the manual will work either forward or reverse. But I know Land Pride, etc are also good products but I don't know if they are switchable. My recommend size for the L3901 (30hp PTO) is 66 inches i don't know if the CL one will be too much.
IMO the Tractor Supply County Line brand is very haphazard in quality.I've looked at their tillers and am not impressed. Cheap chinese made crap.

I bought a Gearmore from my Kubota dealer and have never regretted it. This tiller is tough as they come. I think King Kutter tillers are pretty much the same model as mine

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
NorthWest Tiller! Made to order, I haven't priced em yet but that's what I want. Maschio is good too and gets rebranded. After looking at the NW's I'd go chain over gear.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I am seriously considering a 66" Landpride probably forward tine with slip clutch. I wanted to go with reverse but I been researching and I don't think it would be the best idea.

I wanted to go with reverse since I had walk behind tillers with reverse and I love the job they do. but I guess as the same as those a tractor tiller can get a rock lodged and break as well.

my plan is to go with a forward unit and if i have to i will just make a few more passes to mix my material in the soil.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
What's your timeframe? Is this immediate, or later, before fall? I'm sure you'll keep us informed, but keep in mind something I've seen lots of times since I've been on OTT -- folks have been notified: "Without pictures, it didn't happen!"