3 point 3rd link and main arm adjustment questions

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
I have been a farmboy and heavy diesel mechanic for most of my life but one thing about having a subcompact tractor versus a full sized tractor that puzzles me is what is the proper adjustment of the 3rd link? Most full size ag tractors do not have multiple 3rd link mounting height positions.

The tractor has 3 holes to mount the 3rd link to the tractor so my question is what is the right position for it? I set it up with my snowblower to be as close to parallel to the main arms as can be which puts the link in the top hole. Not sure if it is correct but it seems to work. I took the box scraper off that came with the tractor and it was in the bottom hole and it worked fine there too.

I know the main arms and links have holes for 4 different height settings for different working depths of some implements I would guess, Mine are on the back holes on the arms and the lower holes on the links.

Anyone have any good info on how to properly set them up for different implements? I have a box scraper and 60" 3 point snowblower.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The top link hole is really a matter of preference an what works best for you. The lower hole with the top link will allow for max lift height of an implement. Each hole really just varies on the toys at hand you're playing with.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
The different holes change how high the implement will be lifted when raised up, it all has to do with geometry. On some tractors that have draft control controlled by the top link, the holes are used to change the sensitivity of the draft. ;)

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
It changes the angle or tilt of the implement as it goes up. Bottom hole, more angle or tilt toward the tractor, top hole less tilt.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Combine the last two posts from ipz and MtnView and you have the total answer!

elkhound

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3000DT
Oct 8, 2010
Wilkesboro N.C.
Can't help with snow blower, but the owners manual with my L3000DT says of earthmover, digger, and scrapper implements to use mounting hole 3.

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Can't help with snow blower, but the owners manual with my L3000DT says of earthmover, digger, and scrapper implements to use mounting hole 3.
Hole #3 being the top or the bottom?

My owners manual has no info on this.

Thanks for the info guys, guess I was just overthinking it making it more complicated than it really is.:cool:

Waterguy

Equipment
L3200, brush hog,box scraper, rotary harrow, single-bottom plow, rotary tiller,
May 19, 2012
Valley Center, CA
The manual for the L3200 gives you a chart for which hole to use with which implement. Perhaps the manual for yours has the same information.

Good Luck.