2024 Summer Olympics

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Almost all of the Olympic activities were pretty normal. There were some great examples of patriotism and sportsmanship. It's too bad there were any exceptions, but it's not the first Olympics or last when that will happen.

The women's artistic gymnastics all around and team event which were very well supported by fans of the countries competing. Chants of USA were deafening in the arena. Frankly, I was shocked.

I didn't get to see any of the Tour de France stages (none were very close ... yeah I know they aren't the Olympics), but I did get to see men's road course go up and down the hill where my daughter lives. Amazing to see them go up that fast and down even faster. That was fun with lots of support along the road for the riders. And ... an American Woman won the race the next day.

There were some other great stories as well. American sprinter Noah Lyles unexpected lost. Later, it was revealed that he tested positive for Covid on Tues and lost the race on Thurs. I really can't imagine running the 200M sprint with Covid.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Almost all of the Olympic activities were pretty normal. There were some great examples of patriotism and sportsmanship. It's too bad there were any exceptions, but it's not the first Olympics or last when that will happen.

The women's artistic gymnastics all around and team event which were very well supported by fans of the countries competing. Chants of USA were deafening in the arena. Frankly, I was shocked.

I didn't get to see any of the Tour de France stages (none were very close ... yeah I know they aren't the Olympics), but I did get to see men's road course go up and down the hill where my daughter lives. Amazing to see them go up that fast and down even faster. That was fun with lots of support along the road for the riders. And ... an American Woman won the race the next day.

There were some other great stories as well. American sprinter Noah Lyles unexpected lost. Later, it was revealed that he tested positive for Covid on Tues and lost the race on Thurs. I really can't imagine running the 200M sprint with Covid.
Jim- we enjoyed most of the track and field, which is our primary focus anyway. Saw some other sports, but more in passing. Can only watch so much water polo…..

We were sorry to see the games end.

Reactions: 1 user