2019 B2650

Koh129

May 13, 2017
Kingston, nh
Going to look at a 2019 b2650 this weekend with 130 hours. Seller states that machine was used primarily for installing fence posts with 3 point auger. Is there anything particular i should be weary about purchasing this? Is there a way to tell how much abuse the rear pto has seen in its 130 hours of potential use? Any advice would be appreciated.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Going to look at a 2019 b2650 this weekend with 130 hours. Seller states that machine was used primarily for installing fence posts with 3 point auger. Is there anything particular i should be weary about purchasing this? Is there a way to tell how much abuse the rear pto has seen in its 130 hours of potential use? Any advice would be appreciated.
Probably nothing obvious but that is a small tractor for a post hole auger.

SDT

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
First thing I would ask for is ALL documentations of maintenance records. If there is little or none - I would hesitate.

One thing to look for - Is the filter a different color than the engine?

I assume it has a FEL ?

Reactions: 1 user

Koh129

May 13, 2017
Kingston, nh
First thing I would ask for is ALL documentations of maintenance records. If there is little or none - I would hesitate.

One thing to look for - Is the filter a different color than the engine?

I assume it has a FEL ?
Yes FEL, as far as filter color, you mean has it been changed ?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Yes FEL, as far as filter color, you mean has it been changed ?
Yes - many an old tractor went years and hundreds of hours ...... with the factory filter on - that was painted when the engine got painted.

Most people that own tractors fall into one of two categories : those who change oils/filters when needed or by the book and those who think it is fine the way it is.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good luck. I have a b2650. As best I can tell it’s bullet proof. Never had an issue with it but all maintenance done on time. Personally I would want to warm the machine to temperature and then try every function. Look, listen, smell. Have it parked some where you can tell if leaking…maybe take a cardboard or old towel/sheet to park over it. I don’t think you expect a loader to be perfect(it’s a weldment so with all the heat to put it together it’s most certainly not a machined part) but it should be fairly square and close to level. Take a level with you…or sort of look how the bucket touches the ground…that should give you some idea…I’d think an inch or so gap is not uncommon I’m sure others will chime in. If there is any way to lift a bucket full of mater or put forks on and lift something heavy that is another way to check function under load. As far as the PTO I’d look for wear…anything looked liked the machined surfaces boogered up? Should have a slight film on them. If they never used it probably still has the cap over it. You could ask them to hook an implement up and let you try it while you watch or something. If you’ve never been around a HST I’dlisten to one before you go of same or similar size if possible. I say that only as HST has a whine about them , but in my opinion the larger ones aren’t so loud. At least my larger one is quieter than my B. Air filter still there? Is it clean? New fluids could always be put in before a sale but if they say they changed the fluids recently and they are filthy that would raise an eyebrow. Just my thoughts. Ask if they serve iced machine or took to a dealer…if stated as a dealer find out which ones and contact them. They’ll have a record. Maybe checked that it’s been greased? 130 hours isn’t much and not much maintenance needed. If it stayed full of fluids it should be fine? Maybe take a torque wrench and see if a couple bolts torqued correctly…if you buy it torque them all. Make sure none missing. I’d replace them fluids and filters all for peace of mind if you get it. I hope I helped. Happy shopping. 🥃

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Post hole augering with my B2650 runs it at just above idle on the rear pto. So for a new tractor primarily getting broken in for its first 130 hours at barely 300 pto rpm and low loads, is that an issue?

I think not ideal - it's said that you should not use top rpms for the first 50 hours, and avoid continuous heavy loads while breaking these engines in.

Any thoughts here at OTT on low rpm and low loads as the primary break-in operation?

Maybe do the 200 hour service right away?

I'd at least try and argue the price down based on non-ideal break-in period, if that's what happened.