2014 bx1870 questions/concerns

indiana guy

Oct 27, 2016
seymour,indiana
Hello to the group,Indiana Guy here,My first post to the forum. Just purchased a 2014 BX 1870 with 54" mower and LA 203 FEL from a local dealer.Tractor has 85 hours on it or so the hour meter says.And has factory warranty through Feb.2017

I tried the tractor out at the dealers twice, both rainy days, everything seem to work ok except a broken tail light which was replaced. When dealer delivered the tractor first thing I saw was water build up in the dash gages.The tractor had been washed at the dealers before delivery so guessing thats where the water in the dash came from.I showed it to the driver and then called the sales rep I bought it from.He said he had no replacement part in stock ,and would call when he got it in.

After I took delivery I went over everything on the tractor, and found I have no headlights, tail lights, the four ways work on the ROPS is all I have.They all worked at the dealers. Hmm

Also as I tested the tractor at the dealers, the HST was working as it should, let off of the pedal and it stopped! now when I lift my foot off of pedal the tractor rolls for a ways before stopping,which in my understanding is not correct,or at least other HST tractors I owned stopped on a dime.

My rule has always been to buy new, no matter what it was, But just could not swing the price for a new BX,now I am thinking I may have invited a problem child into my life?????????

Contacting the sales rep again today with my list of issues to be corrected,Time will tell how the dealer handles the situation.

Thanks for listening to my story of my first Kubota

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Based on what you are saying,

I would make a list, a rather long one at that and take it back to the dealer.

The water in the cluster is a known problem - from rain and washing. I would find a way to keep that covered in the future.

The hst is an easily fixed. Again - let the dealer do it!

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
There are several posts here (including mine) on the condensation on the inside of the dash panel glass. It is normal and it will go away (and come back) on its own. The dash panel is not a "sealed unit" so condensation will get it and it will dry out on its own. The frequency (or severity of this) depends on where you live. In central FL it gets very humid so I this problem from time to time.

Putting a cover over you tractor may help. Mine sits outside uncovered.

The HST complaint is common too. A lot of people that had older tractors with HST were use to them stopping on a dime. But people complained that they stopped too fast so Kubota redesigned the HST so that the tractors would stop more gently. There is adjustment to the HST pedal mechanism.

On my 2014 BX2370 after I grease the HST pedal it takes a little longer for the tractor to stop when releasing the pedal (the grease slows the pedals "return to neutral") but then after a couple of days of use it goes back to stopping pretty quickly. Personally I would not want the tractor to stop much quicker as it would be too jarring.

Good luck with your new machine. I'm sure you will have many years of happy use.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Could that moisture have blown the fuse in that circuit? I have also wondered if a desiccant bag would help with the moisture. I suppose that would involve finding a way to get it where it would have to be to access the moisture. I'm thinking that if the dealer replaces the gauge module, that problem will recur in that the new one won't be sealed either.

hy8ytjh98

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 with BX2750D snow blower, LA203A loader
Nov 1, 2013
Gorham, ME, USA
Hello to the group,Indiana Guy here,My first post to the forum. Just purchased a 2014 BX 1870 with 54" mower and LA 203 FEL from a local dealer.Tractor has 85 hours on it or so the hour meter says.And has factory warranty through Feb.2017

I tried the tractor out at the dealers twice, both rainy days, everything seem to work ok except a broken tail light which was replaced. When dealer delivered the tractor first thing I saw was water build up in the dash gages.The tractor had been washed at the dealers before delivery so guessing thats where the water in the dash came from.I showed it to the driver and then called the sales rep I bought it from.He said he had no replacement part in stock ,and would call when he got it in.

After I took delivery I went over everything on the tractor, and found I have no headlights, tail lights, the four ways work on the ROPS is all I have.They all worked at the dealers. Hmm

Also as I tested the tractor at the dealers, the HST was working as it should, let off of the pedal and it stopped! now when I lift my foot off of pedal the tractor rolls for a ways before stopping,which in my understanding is not correct,or at least other HST tractors I owned stopped on a dime.

My rule has always been to buy new, no matter what it was, But just could not swing the price for a new BX,now I am thinking I may have invited a problem child into my life?????????

Contacting the sales rep again today with my list of issues to be corrected,Time will tell how the dealer handles the situation.

Thanks for listening to my story of my first Kubota
I have a 2013 BX1870. It also had the moisture behind the dash panel glass. It would come and go. I had it in for other service and the dealership noticed it and replaced it for me under warranty. I have not had the same problem with the new one (although replacing it did reset the hour meter back to zero which is a bit of a pain). I would recommend you get them to replace it.

My HST transmission also rolls a bit after the pedal is released. I am not sure if is the same as when I got it...honestly cannot remember. It does it less if I an in 4WD. It is not really an issue for me I'm used to it.

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Like CountryBumpkin said you just get used to how it stops ,I find with my GR the higher the rpm the quicker it stops so i usually back the throttle off before stopping to avoid the jarring and (first day with new brakes) comments. Good luck with your new machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk