2012 Kubota l5240 jumping jerky forward motion

phambleton06

Equipment
Kubota l5240
Mar 20, 2024
Maryland
My tractor just all the sudden wouldn't stop had no neutral and forward was jerky. Especially at a idle. Affected power steering as well. Loader and 3 pt hitch all worked normal. Let tractor cool, I had neutral and reverse back but forward was still jerky. I came and looked at some threads about the proportioning valves. At first I pulled them out and cleaned them real good carb choke cleaner and compressed air.. reinstalled them but opposite of where I took them out from. All worked well. Thought maybe reverse would then be jerky but all was good. Made sure to get tractor up to operating temp. As maybe the problem was worse as the oil heated up but everything checked to be working great. I ended up ordering new proportioning valves and installed them. Every thing is good to go. Now what caused this problem I have no idea. But seems like they will fail as I have read on other posts. Hopefully this help someone in the future.

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Welcome aboard!

Thank you for a post about a problem AND posting your solution. It will help someone in the future. We have some people show up and state a problem, have many here guess what it will take to resolve the issue - and never report back.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Did you purchase replacement valves simply because you didn't trust the ones you cleaned, or were other symptoms appearing?

phambleton06

Equipment
Kubota l5240
Mar 20, 2024
Maryland
Did you purchase replacement valves simply because you didn't trust the ones you cleaned, or were other symptoms appearing?
I didn't want to just stick em back in if something was sticking so I just thought I'd over look it and clean it while I had it out. O rings looked good. Couldn't not see any signs of damage or why it could be faulty. I purchased one just to make sure it was my problem and stuck it in. Ended up ordering another just to have both new. I hear when one goes the other isn't far behind. But everything is operating normal

Reactions: 1 user