2006 B7510 Transmission Filter Location

tophat

Equipment
2006 B7510 Tractor
Sep 7, 2010
Alliance,Nebraska USA
Hello My name is Dennis and this is my first time on this forum. I live in the NW corner of Nebraska. I just bought this B7510 with 62 hours on it and I'm trying to do the 100 hour maint. on it. I was told by the original owner that the 50 hour was not done. It now has 82 hours on it and I would like to do this just so I get to know the tractor a little. I'm have the engine oil changed and have 5 gallons of kabota UDT oil for the tranny ready to put in. The question I have is there are two filters one on each side of the tranny. Looking from the front of the tractor I believe the one on the left is the tranny filter and I believe the strainer is right next to it. Is that correct? If so what is the filter on the other side? I have also read that some STP mixed with the tranny oil will help smooth out the hydraulics any truth to this? This tractor is like brand new and I would hate to mess it up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dennis

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Hello My name is Dennis and this is my first time on this forum. I live in the NW corner of Nebraska. I just bought this B7510 with 62 hours on it and I'm trying to do the 100 hour maint. on it. I was told by the original owner that the 50 hour was not done. It now has 82 hours on it and I would like to do this just so I get to know the tractor a little. I'm have the engine oil changed and have 5 gallons of kabota UDT oil for the tranny ready to put in. The question I have is there are two filters one on each side of the tranny. Looking from the front of the tractor I believe the one on the left is the tranny filter and I believe the strainer is right next to it. Is that correct? If so what is the filter on the other side? I have also read that some STP mixed with the tranny oil will help smooth out the hydraulics any truth to this? This tractor is like brand new and I would hate to mess it up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dennis
The other filter is the HST filter and it should be changed too. I would not use STP in my tranny. In fact I would not use that stuff in anything I cared about. Good clean high quality oil is all that id required.;)

tophat

Equipment
2006 B7510 Tractor
Sep 7, 2010
Alliance,Nebraska USA
Thanks for the info. So both of those filters are for the tranny. I was wondering if that was the case. The owners manual is not real clear on it. I wonder why the Kabota dealer never gave me the other filter. Maybe he did not understand the parts list when he looked up the filter. By any chance would you know the part number for this other filter? I see on the tractor that it is about the same size around but shorter in length. As far as the STP it sounded pretty weird to be using it in transmission oil. Thanks for the help as I needed to make sure of this before I drained it. Now it looks like I need another filter also. Thanks Dennis

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Thanks for the info. So both of those filters are for the tranny. I was wondering if that was the case. The owners manual is not real clear on it. I wonder why the Kabota dealer never gave me the other filter. Maybe he did not understand the parts list when he looked up the filter. By any chance would you know the part number for this other filter? I see on the tractor that it is about the same size around but shorter in length. As far as the STP it sounded pretty weird to be using it in transmission oil. Thanks for the help as I needed to make sure of this before I drained it. Now it looks like I need another filter also. Thanks Dennis
Dennis: Most dealers are not really up to speed on individual units. You can go to Kubota's web site and go to their parts page. Type in your unit and it will show all the filter #'s.:D

tophat

Equipment
2006 B7510 Tractor
Sep 7, 2010
Alliance,Nebraska USA
I will do that. I have been searching for some ting like that but just haven't been able to find it or just didn't know how to find it. Thanks for all the help. Dennis

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
Both of those filters filter the transmission oil, but the HST filters just filters it finer before going into the HST unit. If you get both filters, they should only fit one way, so they should not get mixed up even if you arent 100% sure which one goes where. Pull the strainer bolt out in the bottom too if you want and clean off the debris, it is normal to see some silicone and maybe some metal on it.

tophat

Equipment
2006 B7510 Tractor
Sep 7, 2010
Alliance,Nebraska USA
Hi and thanks for the input. I finally got the filter mess straightened out. I guess where I got confused was the Kabota dealer only gave me one filter when I told him what I was doing. Then when I went to change the oil I saw it had 2. So I called the Kabota dealer and another guy said oh yea you need 2 filters. So I got to drive 60 miles there and 60 miles back for 1 filter. Anway it is done now and I will know better next time. That will teach me that an oil system can have more then 1 filter. Oh well Thanks again for the help. Dennis