2001 M9000 shift stick seal

dirtmod454

Equipment
M9000 DT-F
Nov 30, 2009
Amsterdam, New York
Hello, I have a 2001 M9000DT. The dust seal that goes around the shift stick has a rip in it. When i am operate the tractor on steep terrain, (pond bank. etc) Transmission oil comes leaking out of the rip. When i am on anything remotley level, this dosen't happen. Do I need to replace the rubber dust seal only? Or would i need to replace the metal sealing unit that is pressed into the transmission? Thanks for your help!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The dust boot is the seal on that model, but I would also check the vent that is just in front of the shifter and make sure it's clear.;)

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Sounds like you're building pressure in the transmission housing. Doubt you're on such a slope that fluid would normally run out of a split dust cover if fluid level is correct.

Check under seat or under sheet metal (refer to parts book) for a vent---looks like a black rubber question-mark or gooseneck. Dirt daubers love mine.

May have more than one vent. They tend to accumulate dirt and debris over time or if missing the tiny nipple they attach to might be clogged. Put an old sock over the vent and cable-tie it in place to keep bugs and junk from nesting and plugging.

Most of these dust covers on shifter sticks slide over the stick and have to be pushed down into a retaining groove--see the parts book again. Use grease and a blunt instrument like a tongue depressor.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.

dirtmod454

Equipment
M9000 DT-F
Nov 30, 2009
Amsterdam, New York
Thanks, The dealer seemed to believe that the rubber boot was the seal as well. First I will check the vents to make sure they are not clogged. Anyone know where i can get a good parts manual and or service manual for a kubota m-9000 at a reasonable price?

Thanks Again!

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Parts schematics at Kubota.Com by model. Don't know if directly downloadable; may have to 'print' to PDF first then save.

Messick's online will send by email PDFs of components or groups.

Best place for Workshop Manual is dealer and just pay the price for the real thing.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.