BX5443 chute deflector kit

Hedgehog

Equipment
Bx2370
Apr 5, 2015
Fairhaven massachusetts
I have a BX2370 with Curtis hard cab and BX5455 HD snowblower. I purchased the tractor not too long ago with the optional rear wiper. After seeing how small the wiper blade is, I expressed to my dealer how dissatisfied I was with it. Since I was looking at the electric chute deflector, the dealer told me that they would swap the rear wiper kit for the chute deflector kit. I've seen many people using linear actuators for chute deflection. How is the kubota BX5443 chute deflector kit compared to the linear actuators? Also, would you trade a rear wiper for a chute deflector?

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Hedgehog
I put a linear actuator on my BX5455HD for about $100 total. The actuator alone was about $80.
I put a front wiper on the cab I built for about $100 total. The wiper kit; including 2 speed motor, wiper arm, and wiper was about $80.
I guess you could take your pick.:D

Hedgehog

Equipment
Bx2370
Apr 5, 2015
Fairhaven massachusetts
My cab has the front wiper standard. I paid $500 for the rear wiper and found out it's pretty much useless. So if the dealer is willing to swap my $500 rear wiper for a $500 Kubota chute deflector, I figure it is worth it. Otherwise I keep the useless rear wiper and still have to pony up some money to do the linear actuator.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
I dont know what the kubota chute deflector is (if they use a linear actuator or not). But no way would I trade my chute deflector for a rear wiper. I would hardly use a rear wiper - especially if it was too small to begin with. Not really needed.

But the actuator I used a lot this past blizzard.

Go for the deflector and put a squeegee in the cab if your rear window ever gets that bad, just one swipe.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
simple.... measure fully down to fully up between the 2 mtg holes. Probably 4" of 'travel'. If so, by a 4" linear actuator......

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Old thread, different hedgehog...any idea what linear actuator works for this?
A different kind of hedgehog! 😂 I love hedgehogs although I haven't seen any over here. There are lots of them in Britain where I grew up.

Anyway, I have no idea what linear actuator would work for you, but I just want to say that I wouldn't give up the rear wiper on the MX (I use it a lot in the winter when blowing snow) or the hydraulic chute and hydraulic deflector options that I have on my snow blower. All three are essential to me over the winter months.

I'll upgrade the rear glass in the M6060 next year to the rear defrost and wiper option. In the summer months when pulling the 12ft folding cutter, the rear glass gets covered and a wiper would really help.

Carry on.

Last edited:

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
Thank you! I have "a plan" now, it's actually "not that hard" 😂 once a person understands where to get started on this. I've a few options now for far less than hydraulic...I'd prefer hydraulic, but for the price/difficulty of putting all that together 😬 I'll just do electric.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thank you! I have "a plan" now, it's actually "not that hard" 😂 once a person understands where to get started on this. I've a few options now for far less than hydraulic...I'd prefer hydraulic, but for the price/difficulty of putting all that together 😬 I'll just do electric.
I completely understand. If you have rear remotes it's a no brainer going the hydraulic route, but if not, then electric makes a lot of sense. A few weeks before I sold the BX25 I had ordered and received the Kubota chute rotation kit for the front mount snow blower. Luckily the manager of the local Kubota dealer bought my tractor for his own use and gave me a full refund on the kit, which in 2021 was around $1,000.