No crank BX 23D

TV Kubota BX 23

Equipment
2005 Kubota BX 23 with loader & Backhoe
Nov 21, 2023
Maryland
I have an intermittent problem with my 2005 bx 23D not cranking over, replaced all safety switches, starter, battery, key switch and ground wire. If I move the foot pedal back and forth the starter will finally kick in. Works fine for a couple times then acts up. Any suggestions on what to check, I did purchase an aftermarket starter, maybe its the starter acting up? Also last time it did it, i tapped on the starter and it started. Not sure if its an adjustment or a bad starter? Tired of throwing money at this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A test light would be your best friend to figure out if your getting power to the solenoid or not.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Whats your opinion of adding a starter relay Bypass switch sir? Tractor is 20 years old. Thanks
It could be a work around, if for nothing else to keep it working until fixed permanently. Its not a good long term fix.
Hook a test light to the solenoid input (with it still connected to the solenoid), if it lights up nice and bright then the issue is internal to the solenoid, replace it.
If it lights up dim, then a added bump relay to it and that would give you full pull in amps to the starter solenoid.