Antenna install help

Bill in the U.P.

Equipment
L4630 GST
Dec 31, 2020
Michigan
Greetings. Chipping away at installing a bluetooth radio and speakers. I also ordered an antenna that arrived with no instructions. Does anyone have a good idea how this is supposed to be installed? I'd appreciate your help.

IMG_20241023_171852.jpg IMG_20241023_171834.jpg

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
From the pictures it appears that you need to drill a hole that the shoulder around the bolt will fit through in a grounded part of the body then mount the antenna and slide the cable connector over the threaded part with the pointed side against the tractor. Of course you will need the appropriate size nut and lock washer to fasten everything together,

Reactions: 1 users

Bill in the U.P.

Equipment
L4630 GST
Dec 31, 2020
Michigan
From the pictures it appears that you need to drill a hole that the shoulder around the bolt will fit through in a grounded part of the body then mount the antenna and slide the cable connector over the threaded part with the pointed side against the tractor. Of course you will need the appropriate size nut and lock washer to fasten everything together,
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I have the nut and washer off in the picture.

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
Greetings. Chipping away at installing a bluetooth radio and speakers. I also ordered an antenna that arrived with no instructions. Does anyone have a good idea how this is supposed to be installed? I'd appreciate your help.

View attachment 140405 View attachment 140407
Yes the plastic shoulder should go through the panel. It is also important that the spikes on the bottom get grounded to the metal panel. An antenna relies upon the mast as one side of the signal and the ground plane as the other side of the signal ( something I learned in college 57 years ago)

Reactions: 1 user