Kubota KX 030-4 hydraulic oil top up

polodetipolo

Equipment
Kubota KX 030-4 Excavator , Kubota SVL 65 Skidsteer
Oct 22, 2024
Denman Island BC Canada
Good day , can anyone tell me how they top up their hydraulic oil on a Kubota KX 030-4 excavator , when I take off the breather filter where I assume I would be pouring the oil in it is blocked by some kind of plastic plate underneath, there is no filling hole on tope of the tank , do I have to take the whole 6" cover underneath which in their manual they call : cover of the return filter with filter support , seems like an odd thing to do . Thanks in advance for any advice . Cheers

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
here's a pic and a link to the operator manual for that model...

KX030.JPG

I'm not sure why the link and manual say KX027. The model I clicked on said KX030

polodetipolo

Equipment
Kubota KX 030-4 Excavator , Kubota SVL 65 Skidsteer
Oct 22, 2024
Denman Island BC Canada
IMG_3262.jpeg
IMG_3261.jpeg

here's a pic and a link to the operator manual for that model...

View attachment 140357

I'm not sure why the link and manual say KX027. The model I clicked on said KX030
Thank you for your response Dirtyweed , much appreciated , that is what I thought would be the thing to do but there is some kind of plastic plug under the thread of where the breather cap is as shown in pictures I included that hopefully came trough. Cheers.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
View attachment 140360 View attachment 140359

Thank you for your response Dirtyweed , much appreciated , that is what I thought would be the thing to do but there is some kind of plastic plug under the thread of where the breather cap is as shown in pictures I included that hopefully came trough. Cheers.

Ok. Well, if its a breather it will be open to the tank. Otherwise, you'd have to spin out the 6" ring. This funny slots in the top should allow you to lay a screwdriver across the slots to unscrew the cap.