Reversing radiator fans

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Has anyone retrofitted their CUT with reversible fan blades? I'm thinking it would be nice to reverse direction on command to blow out the rad every once in a while like you can on the construction equipment.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Heck go all the way......ad a computer to the fan to control pitch based on engine load, outside air temperature, etc. !!! Turnbull would be happy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Won't work unless pitch of blades are changed at same time and pitch is often curved blade. Back to old school air compressor and water spray.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Won't work unless pitch of blades are changed at same time and pitch is often curved blade. Back to old school air compressor and water spray.
My experience is to say no to water spray. Leaf blower has been working well for me lately and I like it better than the compressor.

It's been a dry fall this year and my screens are getting plugged fast

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
My experience is to say no to water spray. Leaf blower has been working well for me lately and I like it better than the compressor.

It's been a dry fall this year and my screens are getting plugged fast
If a leaf blower works for you I'd be the last to tell you to do anything different. I find leaf blower too bulky to get in position I need. I fabricated curved wands for air and water so that I can get the correct angle to fins.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yep.. Water spray didn’t work too well for me when I was less-experienced with tractors…. I used the water hose to blow out the radiator on my 9N Ford. The cold water splashing on the square-ignition-coil cracked it.
It was a puzzle for awhile why it wouldn’t start even after drying things out.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
It's inadvisable to spray cold water on anything hot,esp cast iron and hard plastics . Countless manifolds have been cracked by rinsing immediately after using tractor. Regardless what is used to clear radiator, it should be directed in opposite direction of normal airflow (hence the reason op wants to reverse fan blades)