LandPride Rear Finish Mower

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I am getting ready to put the rear finish mower away for the season, and my pressure washer is already put away in the cellar for the winter. I washed the top of the deck with Simple Green and water, and most of the grime has come off. The only place that the water beaded up was under the plastic covers. Would I be wasting my time putting a coat of wax on the powder coat deck? Since I don't have any space under cover, I am planning on putting it on top of a stack of 3 wood pallets and then putting a plastic tarp over it. Would you change the gearbox oil before putting it up for the winter or when it comes out of storage next spring? Any other suggestions? thanks Dusty

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I am getting ready to put the rear finish mower away for the season, and my pressure washer is already put away in the cellar for the winter. I washed the top of the deck with Simple Green and water, and most of the grime has come off. The only place that the water beaded up was under the plastic covers. Would I be wasting my time putting a coat of wax on the powder coat deck? Since I don't have any space under cover, I am planning on putting it on top of a stack of 3 wood pallets and then putting a plastic tarp over it. Would you change the gearbox oil before putting it up for the winter or when it comes out of storage next spring? Any other suggestions? thanks Dusty
I wash my mower and underneath as well. I grease it, I release the belt tension and cover with a tarp. Every once in a while on a nice day through out winter I’ll spin the pto shaft to keep gearbox bearing lubricated. I don’t worry about spindles as there in pressurized grease. I tried polishing my mower, looked great but man did the dust stick to it come spring even after a couple pressure wash jobs.