L4850 Aux Hydraulic issue

N4NV

Equipment
L4850
Nov 4, 2023
California
On my L4850 there are three hydraulic quick connects on the back, one male and two female. There is a lever on the left side of the seat that controls them. I have only had this tract for a year. When I first got it, from what I remember, the lever controlled the hydraulics in both directions. Now it only works in one direction, i.e. fluid only flows one direction. I have a few questions. It is supposed to run in both directions? Why is there two female connectors and only one male? If it is supposed to flow in both directions, why could be the problem?

Vince

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
On my L4850 there are three hydraulic quick connects on the back, one male and two female. There is a lever on the left side of the seat that controls them. I have only had this tract for a year. When I first got it, from what I remember, the lever controlled the hydraulics in both directions. Now it only works in one direction, i.e. fluid only flows one direction. I have a few questions. It is supposed to run in both directions? Why is there two female connectors and only one male? If it is supposed to flow in both directions, why could be the problem?

Vince
The two female outlets are OEM and should operate in both directions.

The male connector looks like an owner addon and could be anything. Follow the hose to see where it connects. If I had to guess I would say its a tank return for use with something like a hydraulic motor.

Dan

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
To expand on the statement above
The control valve should allow for high pressure on one female coupler and return flow on the other female coupler (through the valve). And the opposite flow on those two couplers.

The male coupler probably allows return flow but not through the valve.

I am not sure what your knowledge level is on hydraulics so wanted to explain it a little bit further to be hopefully more clear.