What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DomG

Equipment
LX2610hsd/535FEL/BH77/PFL1242/BB1260 -- Toro Zero Turn
Oct 19, 2023
Alberta Canada
Went out and started a new Trail and Future Gun Range in the back. Few days ago cleared an area out front along another trail and today started to the the path into the back.
20240919_124854.jpg

20240919_144643.jpg

And here is after todays efforts
20240925_113136.jpg

20240925_123214.jpg

20240925_135740.jpg

20240925_143423.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
Ordered a Bro-Tek rear skid plate. Figured that's a good idea to protect the fan when I'm clearing snow in the winter. In the summer the MMM makes it less likely for something to get up there and damage it.

Also ordered R2 Edge Tamers and poly pads. I found the loader worked pretty well for clearing snow, except it was challenging to not dig up the lawn when pushing snow off the side of my concrete driveway.

Reactions: 1 user

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
5 inches of rain rearranged the driveway gravel. Put the gravel back where it belongs with the bucket.
The previous owner put in flower bed mounds directly in the path of the natural drainage path. Now the runoff rearranges the driveway gravel.
Dug a drainage across one loop of the drive and waited for the tropical depression 4" of rain to inspect my work. The rain was downgraded to a drizzle. I guess I will have to bury the drain pipe and hope I can correctly predict rain runoff.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
5 inches of rain rearranged the driveway gravel. Put the gravel back where it belongs with the bucket.
The previous owner put in flower bed mounds directly in the path of the natural drainage path. Now the runoff rearranges the driveway gravel.
Dug a drainage across one loop of the drive and waited for the tropical depression 4" of rain to inspect my work. The rain was downgraded to a drizzle. I guess I will have to bury the drain pipe and hope I can correctly predict rain runoff.
I think I would undo the flowerbed mounds and save the driveway, if that's possible.
Good way to use the L2501 too.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I think I would undo the flowerbed mounds and save the driveway, if that's possible.
Good way to use the L2501 too.
It could be worse. You could find where the PO's cut three joists under the kitchen nearly through at both ends (to route A/C duct) just before you push a 300-pound refrigerator across them and find the fast way to get a refrigerator in the basement. Fortunately for me, I decided it would be better to move the water line for the ice maker first before moving the fridge. No wonder the kitchen always felt like we were walking on a trampoline. I raised the floor about 1/4 inch and nailed sisters to the joists. Still gotta fix the duct in the room below the kitchen.

That ain't tractor related, but it's certainly Previous Owner Screw Up material. The scary part is they called themselves professional remodelers. YIKES!

Like @forky said, I think I'd (re)move the flower bed to save the driveway. The alternative to reconfigure drainage may be much more expensive.

Hope you guys fared OK through the rain (other than the driveway). They were predicting 3-7 inches here, but we barely got a mist. I doubt it rained more than .25 inches. Also predicted 35-50 mph wind. We didn't get a stiff breeze. Just cooler temps, cloudy days, and a whole lotta hype. Could have been very different. I've got about a third of my yard stirred up at the moment from having 7 pretty large water oaks removed, on a slope, and ZERO grass growing on it. I'm glad we didn't get a torrent, though I would have liked enough to at least wet things down a bit. It's drier than a popcorn fart around here.

To all our friends in FL, GA, SC and NC, hope you guys aren't too long without power/services, not that you'll get to read this until you get power back. That was a big heifer, the only blessing being how quick it came apart. I hope recovery is already underway, and the scumbags don't start gouging and looting over there.
Our thoughts are with you.

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
We got 1.5" of rain over the last day and a half so I pulled out the chain harrows and gave the side lot a go over and then used the spreader to overseed a few bags of grass seed. I was hoping to have done this a couple weeks ago but it was too dry. Should still be enough time for it to take a bite before winter.

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
We got 1.5" of rain over the last day and a half so I pulled out the chain harrows and gave the side lot a go over and then used the spreader to overseed a few bags of grass seed. I was hoping to have done this a couple weeks ago but it was too dry. Should still be enough time for it to take a bite before winter.
Think I’ll do the same to get through winter and let the disruption settle so I can pull a few more roots before I bother with topsoil. Maybe topsoil and fresh seed in early spring. Maybe it’ll get a foothold before summer droughts. I want to flatten the lawn as much as possible. I’ve been bouncing over roots for 20 years. Time for a decent lawn. The roots aren’t needed anymore and have short window of existence remaining. I left them alone to avoid causing problems with trees that already had problems and just used a weed eater to keep the few weeds around them in check.

Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
We're days away from from being in another round of drought. I saw some large cracks in the ground in the Dove hunting pasture yesterday.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Think I’ll do the same to get through winter and let the disruption settle so I can pull a few more roots before I bother with topsoil. Maybe topsoil and fresh seed in early spring. Maybe it’ll get a foothold before summer droughts. I want to flatten the lawn as much as possible. I’ve been bouncing over roots for 20 years. Time for a decent lawn. The roots aren’t needed anymore and have short window of existence remaining. I left them alone to avoid causing problems with trees that already had problems and just used a weed eater to keep the few weeds around them in check.
I consider Spring grass seeding to be a sign of owner/operator impatience.
Unless you have an irrigation system, you are doomed to a lovely crop of weeds by July.
Ask me how I know how (repeatedly)!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
No tractor work at all this week due mostly to the weather. Diesels are resting but I'm not. A week ago I was about a day away from completing a total cleanup around the sheds. That went on the back burner till the weather is nicer.

Needed to spend some time indoors. I had a horrible mess in the garage that's been accumulating for many years. Spent the week in the garage putting up some new shelving and sorting through the quick and the dead. The work bench had about 2-3' of stuff on it and the rest of the garage was as bad or worse. It was to the point I had to move things around to roll the welding table out (and it gets parked right inside the door!). Still have one or two days left till it's done. Found a couple things that I'll assume were past their expiration date because it was in Roman numerals.

And, the way it goes for us packrats, I finally parted with a bunch of Formica samples - only to dig them out of the trash when I needed a few temporary shims to block up a set of shelves to determine where to cut the legs to get them plumb :)

Reactions: 4 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
For all you guys dreaming that your BX's are real construction equipment...

I broke my M59 BH today digging a dozen tree roots out...a $1.36 c-clip popped off, pin slid out part way and I F**kd my $925.75 stabilizer arm because I didn't notice that the pin had moved. Why didn't I catch the pin sliding out early on? Probably because my stabilizer was completely caked in mud from digging in soft ground. I didn't see the damage until the end of the day when I cleaned the mud off the stabilizers before parking in the barn.

stabilizer01_a.jpg stabilizer02_a.jpg stabilizer03.jpg

I'll be trying to fix this of course. Unfortunately the boss not only bent but twisted as well.

Using C-clips to retain pins for potentially ground engaging parts makes me scratch my head and say WTF. K really cheaps out at times and uses a c-clip instead of a retaining bolt and lock nut.

Digging out roots is hard work on any machine. And expensive on cheap light duty equipment.

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
For all you guys dreaming that your BX's are real construction equipment...

I broke my M59 BH today digging a dozen tree roots out...a $1.36 c-clip popped off, pin slid out part way and I F**kd my $925.75 stabilizer arm because I didn't notice that the pin had moved. Why didn't I catch the pin sliding out early on? Probably because my stabilizer was completely caked in mud from digging in soft ground. I didn't see the damage until the end of the day when I cleaned the mud off the stabilizers before parking in the barn.

View attachment 138688 View attachment 138689 View attachment 138690

I'll be trying to fix this of course. Unfortunately the boss not only bent but twisted as well.

Using C-clips to retain pins for potentially ground engaging parts makes me scratch my head and say WTF. K really cheaps out at times and uses a c-clip instead of a retaining bolt and lock nut.

Digging out roots is hard work on any machine. And expensive on cheap light duty equipment.
I like my new 25" deep root ripper!
Very little side load.
Using some heat, a hyd. jack, or Port-a-Power(?), and some finesse, ......that should be fixable.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I finally got some time off from sawmilling and got my Deer Food Plots planted:

aIMG_0982.JPG

Disking or discing, whichever is correct but the job is the same.

aIMG_0980.JPG

The old 1974 John Deer 1530 does the seeding. Wow, she is 50 years old.

aIMG_0984.JPG

The shadows had gotten long, but the seed & fertilizer got covered. I hope that I am late enough and don't have any Army Worm problem.

The above 3 pictures were all taken in different plots.

Reactions: 8 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
since the weather wasn't good to be outside Sunday, I decided to knock out my 800hr service. It was drama free. Dropped the front axle fluid since I planned on replacing both outer tie rod ends as well.

800hr-1.JPG

800hr-4.JPG

800hr-5.JPG

800hr-7.JPG

a quick front end alignment and all is well.

800hr-8.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yesterday afternoon I did some flail work and unloaded a 500lb box. I don't use the pallet forks much, but when you need them you need them. I had a box show up last week when I was out of town, and fortunately my neighbor was able to stop by my place, grab one of my trailers and meet the truck driver at the bottom of my driveway.

Sydee_unload.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
since the weather wasn't good to be outside Sunday, I decided to knock out my 800hr service. It was drama free. Dropped the front axle fluid since I planned on replacing both outer tie rod ends as well.

a quick front end alignment and all is well.

View attachment 138806
Were the tie rods in bad shape or recommended to be replaced at 800 hours?