LX pricing

ValleyviewLX

Equipment
LX?
Sep 17, 2024
Shenandoah Valley
I had decided on a new LX2610 but the local dealer is having issues finding one nearby. So he initially quoted me :

LX2610HSD with loader, 60 inch bucket and R-14’s- $25,300- unable to find locally

Units in stock or on order:

LX2620HSD w/loader, 60 inch bucket ,R-14’s-$26,150
LX2620SU w/loader ,60” bucket R-14’s-$24,700

This will be my first and last tractor so I’d like to at lest feel like I got a reasonable deal.

Reactions: 1 user

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
Have you tried going to Kabota's website and build it with what you want and guage the MSRP to what the dealership is asking?

Reactions: 1 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
You can go to the Kubota website and build your tractors. I checked the price on the SU, and it appears that your dealer is quoting you ~$1,300 below MSRP. I do not know todays market, but that would seem to be a good deal - 5% under MSRP. I am presuming you are also getting the 0% Kubota financing.

Question - why are you getting the light materials 60 inch bucket?

Reactions: 1 user

ValleyviewLX

Equipment
LX?
Sep 17, 2024
Shenandoah Valley
You can go to the Kubota website and build your tractors. I checked the price on the SU, and it appears that your dealer is quoting you ~$1,300 below MSRP. I do not know todays market, but that would seem to be a good deal - 5% under MSRP. I am presuming you are also getting the 0% Kubota financing.

Question - why are you getting the light materials 60 inch bucket?
Seem like a decent deal. My local dealer wanted $3400 more for the 2610

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Sounds like a reasonable build. The LX2620 is just a newer model of the LX2610, and for only $850 more is probably good buying. It'll have slightly better resale than the LX2610. They made the transmission a bit quieter, and that's worth having. A few other details, there's a Messicks video that describes the differences.

The SU has no mid-PTO. If you're not planning to mow with a MMM or run a front snowblower (and don't have any concern about resale - which I wouldn't) then the SU is great buying. I personally also think they look mean with the oversized wheels you can option, I'd totally do that if I was getting one without a mower.

I think the 60 inch bucket is a good idea. It says "light materials" but so far as I can tell it doesn't mean the bucket is lighter built, it means if you fill it to the brim with gravel the tractor can't lift it. In my experience I rarely move materials like gravel or solid (and wet) dirt. I move a lot of mulch. I'm also only average (at best) with the loader, I often don't get a full bucket of anything anyway, and if I do stuff falls out when I try to drive anywhere. I figure a large bucket can be part filled if the materials are heavy, if the material is mulch you can fill it right up. A small bucket is always a small bucket, you can't somehow overfill it with light materials. The bucket weights a little bit more, so you give up a bit of lift capability. Not so much that you'd notice.

ValleyviewLX

Equipment
LX?
Sep 17, 2024
Shenandoah Valley
Sounds like a reasonable build. The LX2620 is just a newer model of the LX2610, and for only $850 more is probably good buying. It'll have slightly better resale than the LX2610. They made the transmission a bit quieter, and that's worth having. A few other details, there's a Messicks video that describes the differences.

The SU has no mid-PTO. If you're not planning to mow with a MMM or run a front snowblower (and don't have any concern about resale - which I wouldn't) then the SU is great buying. I personally also think they look mean with the oversized wheels you can option, I'd totally do that if I was getting one without a mower.

I think the 60 inch bucket is a good idea. It says "light materials" but so far as I can tell it doesn't mean the bucket is lighter built, it means if you fill it to the brim with gravel the tractor can't lift it. In my experience I rarely move materials like gravel or solid (and wet) dirt. I move a lot of mulch. I'm also only average (at best) with the loader, I often don't get a full bucket of anything anyway, and if I do stuff falls out when I try to drive anywhere. I figure a large bucket can be part filled if the materials are heavy, if the material is mulch you can fill it right up. A small bucket is always a small bucket, you can't somehow overfill it with light materials. The bucket weights a little bit more, so you give up a bit of lift capability. Not so much that you'd notice.

Paul, thanks for the feedback.I’ve spent a lot of time researching and reading on the site. And its difficult to find fair pricing information on tractors. I’m leaning towards the SU based on the numbers but my back is hoping for the suspension seat on the deluxe version. I’m taking a trip down to the dealer this weekend to drive the SU.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Paul, thanks for the feedback.I’ve spent a lot of time researching and reading on the site. And its difficult to find fair pricing information on tractors. I’m leaning towards the SU based on the numbers but my back is hoping for the suspension seat on the deluxe version. I’m taking a trip down to the dealer this weekend to drive the SU.
You can add the more deluxe seat of the standard LX to the LX SU; it bolts on the same for both versions.

Old Machinist

Equipment
Kubota LX3310 cab, JD 4310, NH 575E cab backhoe, JD F725, Swisher 60", etc.
May 27, 2024
NE FL
Be sure and drive both with the cruise control set to max. Not sure on the 2610 vs 2620 but on the LX 3310 the cruise control and trans howl beyond OSHA standards with cruise on max in medium range. That was supposedly fixed on the 20 series.

My LX3310 will beat you to death if you try to drive very fast on rough ground.

Might want to watch some of these videos on the LX26 tractors.