BX2370 PTO will not turn on.

BoilerBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7060TH12 w/FEL, B2920 w/FEL B2401/FEL, B7100 w/60' deck,
Sep 22, 2020
Indiana
Just bought a BX2370 tractor only with 372 hours.

I cannot get the PTO to engage. The 3 position lever for Mid, Rear, and Mid Rear together seems to work as I can hand spin the shafts and they lock up as they should when each position is changed.

I am trying to figure out if this is a mechanical(hope not) or an electrical issue because of the safety interconnects. Does anyone have some insight or trouble shooting suggests???

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Just bought a BX2370 tractor only with 372 hours.

I cannot get the PTO to engage. The 3 position lever for Mid, Rear, and Mid Rear together seems to work as I can hand spin the shafts and they lock up as they should when each position is changed.

I am trying to figure out if this is a mechanical(hope not) or an electrical issue because of the safety interconnects. Does anyone have some insight or trouble shooting suggests???
PTO engagement is hydraulic on that tractor. Anything electrical would just cause the engine to stop if there was a fault. A common cause for the pto not engaging is a blockage in the PTO control valve. It is a simple repair, but due to the way the tractor is built requires the removal of the transaxle so it is a lengthy, (expensive!) repair.

BoilerBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7060TH12 w/FEL, B2920 w/FEL B2401/FEL, B7100 w/60' deck,
Sep 22, 2020
Indiana
some have 'modified' the frame in the 'area of interest' to effect a simpler/faster repair.
Thanks for the info.....I see some torch marks on the leftside of the tractor where the control lever goes into the rear housing....I will look at the parts diagram to understand the issue better. Thanks for the quick response...and the help.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Thanks for the info.....I see some torch marks on the leftside of the tractor where the control lever goes into the rear housing....I will look at the parts diagram to understand the issue better. Thanks for the quick response...and the help.
If someone has notched the frame so the pto valve can be removed you can remove the bolt holding it in and the valve will slide right out. it is a simple "barrel" valve. Look for a small piece of silicone caught in the port of the piece you took out.