New Root Grapple Needed for MX6000 HST 4 whl drive

keyser soze' 141

Equipment
Kubota MX6000 HST, Bush Hog Rotary Cutter, box blade
Sep 13, 2024
Central Alabama
Sorry folks but this is new to me so forgive me. Getting new tractor and 3 dealers offering differing advice on what to buy that's NOT Land Pride or Kubota. I want a root rake, heavy duty build with dual tines only. Have alot of downed trees and brush to move after the loggers left a mess of things "post tornado" here. Need to move some larger rocks partially buried too i.e. 100-400 lbs I know EA's "Wicked" grapple is a beast but it seems he may be going to prison of at least the banks will own everything down the road soon, shame he ripped off a few folks. I've been offered Tar River CRG60, an ERG66, think they forgot to list the actual manufacturer and lastly W.R. Long's OBG2-64...one thing some forgot to list was the steel strength !! I understand yield and tensile. And doesn't it make more sense to have a back plate facing the driver to help protect branches/debris etc. from poking through the back and damaging hydraulic hoses? Some have only a narrow back plate in line with the tines and couplings. This seemed odd to a couple of guys in the "dirt work" business. I said I'd ask. Any help you folks can give is greatly appreciated for this grapple "rookie". Thanks kindly.

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Sorry folks but this is new to me so forgive me. Getting new tractor and 3 dealers offering differing advice on what to buy that's NOT Land Pride or Kubota. I want a root rake, heavy duty build with dual tines only. Have alot of downed trees and brush to move after the loggers left a mess of things "post tornado" here. Need to move some larger rocks partially buried too i.e. 100-400 lbs I know EA's "Wicked" grapple is a beast but it seems he may be going to prison of at least the banks will own everything down the road soon, shame he ripped off a few folks. I've been offered Tar River CRG60, an ERG66, think they forgot to list the actual manufacturer and lastly W.R. Long's OBG2-64...one thing some forgot to list was the steel strength !! I understand yield and tensile. And doesn't it make more sense to have a back plate facing the driver to help protect branches/debris etc. from poking through the back and damaging hydraulic hoses? Some have only a narrow back plate in line with the tines and couplings. This seemed odd to a couple of guys in the "dirt work" business. I said I'd ask. Any help you folks can give is greatly appreciated for this grapple "rookie". Thanks kindly.
Good day.

Congratulations on the MX. it’s a great machine.

Regarding grapples did you give MTL a look? I believe they are just over the line in Tallapoosa, GA. If I were looking for another grapple (and EA not on the list) I would add MTL and Catawba to the list. I don’t know there is anything wrong with what you have the list though already so honestly any of them are better than not having one IMO. I chose EA over MTL based on weight and really good previous experience with EA. Personally id be more worried about picking long bottom vs clamshell type. I have one of each and they each have their pros cons. There are a number of past threads on grapples here, might be helpful to look through some if you have not done that already. Good luck. ☕

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Move a lot of trees on our hillside mostly wooded farm. Grapples have been a blessing.
Like the dual lid for sure.
IMG_2019.jpeg
IMG_1625.jpeg
IMG_1402.jpeg
IMG_1401.jpeg
IMG_0663.jpeg
IMG_0165.jpeg
IMG_0336.jpeg

Wicked EA on B26 is best for size, weight and function.

Skid steer grapple is 30+ years old on M59 has moved hundreds of tons of debris. Might be Blue Diamond brand but don’t remember. T1 steel.

Grapple 6-12” narrower than bucket. Don’t want a wide grapple.

Piranha tooth bar can clear and uproot small brush much faster than grapple. Can’t carry off debris and logs as well. Improves digging with low hp.

Do like the long bottom style for our use.

Must improve your grill guard. Do it before you find out why.

Recommend four post ROPS for woods work.

Proper and safe carrying of chainsaw, chain and tools.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
HLA also makes grapples and I have been happy with mine.

I don't know if they make one like you want, but worth a look.

https://hlaattachments.com/cat.php?cat=Grapples

Full disclosure: I have "tweaked" my tines once or twice by squeezing too hard on rocks. But I can break just about anything if I try hard enough......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: I also have a Homestead Pinnacle Box Blade that I have been very impressed with. Very well built and they give a 10% veteran discount which I appreciated.