M7060 HD12 Code eng eg

dacker

Equipment
M7060
Sep 12, 2024
Alabama
Hey guys have an issue with my machine. Been doing fine now it will turn over fine but never cranks. Getting the ENG EG code and there is no power to the little lift pump. I can jump power from the battery to the pump and tractor will crank and run fine. Looking at the FSM I don't see a fuse or relay for this so can you all help me out on where to start looking to find this problem? I have checked every fuse in the box below the key switch as well as all the slow blow fuses coming off the battery and they all check out ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dale

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use the WSM to find out where it's getting power from.

FYI: Turn in and cranking are the same thing. You mean it's cranking but not firing.

dacker

Equipment
M7060
Sep 12, 2024
Alabama
Ok update. It's eng ng not eg and I went back out to work on it today and I plugged the battery back up and she fired right up. Turned out off and re cranked it a few times and it did fine so I bolted the ecu back down and did a few other things (nothing electrical) and when I got done and shut the hood bam back to the no cranking and the code back. I checked the wire going to the fuel pump and it has good continuity from the plug to the pin of the ecu so my problem is somewhere else. I can still jump the pump out and it will run flawlessly. I'm not the best at electrical but can usually feel my way around it. Any more input on the best way/place to start looking for my issue? Thanks Dale

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look at the pins and wires at the ECU.
You can look at the WSM wiring diagram to see what pin it is.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've found the pin and it's ok.... It's like it's not sending the voltage down to the lift pump.
Use a voltage probe to follow the wire and look for a bad spot in it.

Reactions: 1 user

dacker

Equipment
M7060
Sep 12, 2024
Alabama
Use a voltage probe to follow the wire and look for a bad spot in it.
Not sure what you mean to do other than what I've done... I have continuity from the female pin where it plugs into the ecu up behind the air filter down to the lift pump. It just never sends voltage to it bud.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not sure what you mean to do other than what I've done... I have continuity from the female pin where it plugs into the ecu up behind the air filter down to the lift pump. It just never sends voltage to it bud.
It sounded like you had voltage at the ECU output and it just wasn't reaching the pump.
My misunderstanding.

If you have no voltage leaving the ecu then you have a bad ECU.

dacker

Equipment
M7060
Sep 12, 2024
Alabama
I gotcha thank you... I'm just confused why it works intermittent. Guess there's no way to test the ecu without hooking it up to another machine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I gotcha thank you... I'm just confused why it works intermittent. Guess there's no way to test the ecu without hooking it up to another machine.
Very likely it has a bad internal device or connection.

dacker

Equipment
M7060
Sep 12, 2024
Alabama
What's the best route for repair or replacement? And will it hurt to run it if I just jump out the lift pump for now?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
What's the best route for repair or replacement? And will it hurt to run it if I just jump out the lift pump for now?
Try wiggling the wiring and connector at the ECU with the Key Switch in the RUN position and listen for the lift pump.

dacker

Equipment
M7060
Sep 12, 2024
Alabama
Try wiggling the wiring and connector at the ECU with the Key Switch in the RUN position and listen for the lift pump.
Yes I've tried that along with wiggling the rest of the wiring harness throughout the machine and it didn't help unfortunately.