Hydraulic Resevoir

kjrobinson

Equipment
L345DT
Sep 9, 2024
Runnells Iowa
I have a L345DT with a 1720 loader, can I run the hydraulics off of the tractor and get rid of the large tank on the side of the tractor?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a L345DT with a 1720 loader, can I run the hydraulics off of the tractor and get rid of the large tank on the side of the tractor?
Short answer is yes but you need a way to tap into the tractor hydraulic supply and you will probably need to update the control valve on the loader to one that supports power beyond operation. Not terribly hard or expensive but the devil is in the details.

Another option might be keep the loader pump but use the tractor sump as reservoir. Probably less expensive.

A few pictures of your current setup would be informative.

Dan

kjrobinson

Equipment
L345DT
Sep 9, 2024
Runnells Iowa
Short answer is yes but you need a way to tap into the tractor hydraulic supply and you will probably need to update the control valve on the loader to one that supports power beyond operation. Not terribly hard or expensive but the devil is in the details.

Another option might be keep the loader pump but use the tractor sump as reservoir. Probably less expensive.

A few pictures of your current setup would be informative.

Dan
Thanks for the info, I will get a couple pictures and attach.