LA844 Loader Premature Wear

Cavalry

Equipment
MX5100 with all the fixins'
Apr 11, 2011
ny
I have a Mx5100 with the LA844 loader with sub 300 hours. Every pin and bore (machine has no bushings) has what I would consider excessive wear. The problem is not just the pins but bosses and even slop in the loader quick attach brackets.
Machine hours are almost completely loader and fork work. I run the tractor on the hard side but not abusive. Pin greasing (schaffer 229) has always been generous and on the 10 hour mark of the meter, but if I know i will be running for an extended job i will lube before hand and again on the 10 mark of the hour meter. I would say on average I am more at a 7-8 hour interval.
I have many other pieces of equipment and have not experienced anything like the wear on this loader. I will be tearing it down completely this winter, line boring everything and installing proper bushings.
I could increase my lubrication interval but I think a lot of the problem is this machine was not designed to work as hard as I expect and was not the best build quality for longevity.
Has anyone else experienced issues like this?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You bought the wrong machine. You should have purchased an industrial machine for the type of use that you are giving the machine. These Kubota's are designed for light farming and residential use. Had you purchased a commercial machine that is designed for the type of use that you are doing, it probably would have cost you twice what the Kubota cost, but a commercial machine would last longer and be better suited for your use. I suggest that you repair this machine so it is usable for the next owner and sell it and purchase a machine that is designed for the type of use that you are doing.

Cavalry

Equipment
MX5100 with all the fixins'
Apr 11, 2011
ny
You bought the wrong machine. You should have purchased an industrial machine for the type of use that you are giving the machine.
I agree. Price aside, this was purchased because of it's smaller size and the ability to get in tricky spots. In recent years I have purchased a small wheel loader for the "bull" work, but the wear had already occurred and pin slop only breeds more slop.