keep 3 point hitch raised

David Young

Equipment
BX 2380-1, Front end loader, 60" belly mower, 3 point cultivator
Sep 5, 2024
New Orleans, LA
I have a 22 BX 2380-1. I know how to keep the belly mower locked up. I know about the pressure relief knob to control the speed the mower and 3 point hitch lower. I know there is no down pressure on the 3 point hitch. Is there a way to stop the 3 point hitch from lowering while still raising and lowering the belly mower? Do I just use a strap or chain to physically secure it up?

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
You may want to look at the mower‘s lift mechanism. I know on the B tractors it’s linked to the lift arm. So you can’t have them independent.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
strap or chain are the normal ways to do it.
Kinda curious as to why you need it up ?
Normally for mowing, you remove 3ph implements as well as the loader

David Young

Equipment
BX 2380-1, Front end loader, 60" belly mower, 3 point cultivator
Sep 5, 2024
New Orleans, LA
strap or chain are the normal ways to do it.
Kinda curious as to why you need it up ?
Normally for mowing, you remove 3pt implements as well as the loader
I have a distant lot it takes about 30 minutes to get to. I have space I mow as well as a garden area I use a small 3 point hitch cultivator with. It's more convenient to have the mower and cultivator on when I go there and I have some physical limitations that make it bothersome to remove and put on the 3 point cultivator for mowing.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Your question is a bit confusing but now I understand what you mean.

As both posts above state:
If the rear lift arms are involved with the mower lifting it won’t work.

If the lift arms are NOT involved in lifting the mower deck then you can lift the rear implement and install something (chain or strap) to hold it up and the lower the weight onto the chain (or strap).

Reactions: 1 users

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
I have a distant lot it takes about 30 minutes to get to. I have space I mow as well as a garden area I use a small 3 point hitch cultivator with. It's more convenient to have the mower and cultivator on when I go there and I have some physical limitations that make it bothersome to remove and put on the 3 point cultivator for mowing.
Would a Quick Hitch be easier for you to use than strapping or chaining up your 3PH? Might be a nice way to transport your cultivator where you need it, as well as easily drop it when you don’t want it.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Check your manual. There are holes in the sides of the frame to allow pinning the 3 point up. Just disconnect the sway arms from the base and reconnect them to the frame. Takes about two minutes to do.

Reactions: 1 users