Oodles and gobs of pictures

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I haven't noticed an OTT rule limiting quantity and/or size of pictures per post but since the rule is common for other forums, I thought I'd ask. Copious numbers of large pictures burn data allocation for members using mobile devices. I pay extra to accommodate pictures of family and downloaded business documents and still must delete files periodically unless I want to pay for even more data capability. Just wondering if anyone else sees a problem, especially with reposting pictures in a quote just to give a thumbs up or say "nice"? Save the suggestion I buy latest iPhone ever time one comes out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There are built in limits when you try and upload pictures.
And yes pictures take up data space.
I don't think it's an issue yet.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Thanks Wolf, it hasn't become a dealbreaker for me either but could be looming.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I think pictures are very important and should not be limited if they are relevant to the thread. I know it may not be easy to hear but if someone has storage problems on their individual device, that is on them. Suck it up and get a device that allows enough data storage. It is not other users responsibility to accommodate someone elses data storage issues. I state that as a paid lifetime member.

Reactions: 2 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
I think pictures are very important and should not be limited if they are relevant to the thread. I state that as a paid lifetime member.
Hear hear!

Also, tasteful nudes if justified artistically and orange tractorally.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Hear hear!

Also, tasteful nudes if justified artistically and orange tractorally.
I will have to look for that pic of me in the “buff” bending over to grease my backhoe.:oops::eek:

that will “learn ya”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I will have to look for that pic of me in the “buff” bending over to grease my backhoe.:oops::eek:

that will “learn ya”
please noooooooooo .................. it might be an image we cannot remove from our memory!:LOL:

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
*searches Amazon for eye bleach...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
It's good to know we are welcome to post large and multiple pictures. Now that i think about it forums that limit number and size have more members and likely smaller budget. The sites only leave pictures in posts for a short time to keep storage available. Add the fact some members have been on those forums more than 20 years and have phones almost that old ☹ , they are sensitive to blowing long time acquaintances' antiquated phones up. Over the years I developed the habit of redacting pictures in majority of posts I quote. Noticing that few others on OTT make the effort is what prompted me to ask. Although there were only 2 responses, one by mod, it appears unanimous to "don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon".

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Let's see... 4 of the responders are lifetime members that paid for that membership. That membership fee helped pay for storage and whatever else goes into costs to maintain the site. None of those paid members are complaining about storage space. It seems to me that anyone that is using the site for free and complaining about storage space is kind of spitting into the wind.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Let's see... 4 of the responders are lifetime members that paid for that membership. That's always a good thing. That membership fee helped pay for storage and whatever else goes into costs to maintain the site. Absolutely and is likely one reason OTT is better funded that sites which set limits. None of those paid members are complaining about storage space. As they shouldn't and neither has anyone else,at least no one has complained in this thread. It seems to me that anyone that is using the site for free and complaining about storage space is kind of spitting into the wind. You are absolutely correct and I might add there are many things people might do that qualify as spitting into the wind.
Let's see... now that we agree on all that , are members (lifetime or otherwise) permitted to ask a question without causing backlash ? Some fail to grasp while others don't agree but some of us prescribe to "when in Rome do as the Romans do" and that often necessitates a question.