Keeping the K-Connect and Snow Blower?

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Howdy Folks,

I have the following 3 items for my BX1880. All purchased new in 2023 at a cost of just over 6000 CAD.

BX2816 50" Standard Duty Front Mount Snowblower
BX2810 Quick Hitch 4 Point Manual
BX2811 K-Connect Module

I have about 3/4 of a mile of gravel drive way to clear every winter.
Last year the conditions did not favor the snowblower for frequent uses. Either not enough snow, wet snow, or mild and the gravel wasn't frozen.
I tended to use my rear leveler more often, I just flip it backwards so it does not dig up gravel on the driveway, I had little to no issues with this.

This year I now have the front loader installed, so kind of a hassle to change over from the loader to the K-Connect and Blower or the other way around.
Especially on a cold and snowy day..

So I'm wondering, if it would be better to sell off the 3 blower related items, as that cash could be used towards other attachments and/or implements.
Or murphy's law better to have and not need versus the other way around.

I'm currently not in a rush to do one thing or another, but thought I'd ask for your thoughts and/or opinions. What would you do?

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Sell the blower and get a front mounted blade, or sell the blower and hitch and buy a loader mounted SSQA blade. Between the front and rear blade you should be fine. I have both a front blower and a blade for my BX23S to clear my very long driveway, but mine is paved. You might say that we have been lucky for the past few years, but each mild winter we have, the greater the chances of having one hell of a bad winter at some point. I am getting my 1979 plow truck ready for that blizzard that is long overdue. Some of the rain that we got this past summer if it were snow, we would still be looking at the piles of snow 4 months later.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I'm currently not in a rush to do one thing or another, but thought I'd ask for your thoughts and/or opinions. What would you do?
Option 1: Just wait for spring and the snow will melt.

Option 2: Sell and move into a condo. Go to Florida every winter.

Problem solved.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Sell the blower and get a front mounted blade, or sell the blower and hitch and buy a loader mounted SSQA blade. Between the front and rear blade you should be fine. I have both a front blower and a blade for my BX23S to clear my very long driveway, but mine is paved. You might say that we have been lucky for the past few years, but each mild winter we have, the greater the chances of having one hell of a bad winter at some point. I am getting my 1979 plow truck ready for that blizzard that is long overdue. Some of the rain that we got this past summer if it were snow, we would still be looking at the piles of snow 4 months later.
That was my thinking, but the blower does work well when the conditions are right.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The sad thing is yesterday I saw a city snowplow truck going down the road.........

I dismantled my gaspowered SSQA snowblower this summer as I'd only used it ONCE in 4 years. Now wondering what I can build with the 14HP engine with 4 hours on it.
My ideal rig for snow would be a Willy FC-150 with blade on it......