kubota B7510 front axle leak fix

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
If it has a 'vent" (and I'm pretty sure it will) I would start there to make sure its clear.

A clogged vent can "pressurized" the axle and "make" a leak by pushing fluid past the seal.

Unclogging it will stop the leak, if that's what it is.

tophat

Equipment
2006 B7510 Tractor
Sep 7, 2010
Alliance,Nebraska USA
I have looked at a brake down of the front axle and see no vent plug. It has been a while but I do not remember seeing a vent anywhere on the axle. Just the plug with the dip stick on it. Do you know of anything else I can look at or do I need to find a way to install a vent ?

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
I had a B7500 some years back that did the same thing. When I pulled the dipstick plug out the axle seemed pressurized. I could never find how it was supposed to vent. I left the dipstick loose to let it vent, and it wouldn’t leak. I sold it off before I could ever figure out the venting on the axle though….

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Yes it is hard to understand why Kubota has not come up with a vent for these if the vent is the problem.
I think if the tractor was parked under roof when not in use, I’d probably drill a hole in that plug where the dipstick is and see if it made a difference. I doubt the hole would need to be very big in diameter. Maybe 1/8 inch would be excessive?

I believe there have been threads in the past where people figured out more exotic solutions… For me, it would be one step at a time.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
the tractor is parked in my building most of time. I guess I will try a hole in the dipstick and see if it works. Worth a try can't think of anything else.
Another thought. What oil do you have in the front axle? My guess it could either be UDT which is rather thin or gear oil. The gear oil is thicker and less prone to leak. Worst case you might consider changing to the heavier oil if you are currently using UDT or SUDT.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have a 206 B7510 and was wondering when i work the tractor hard the front axle leak by the tires. I do not know if it the seals or some other problem ? Dennis
Is the oil leaking from the knuckle case pivots or the axle shaft seal right inboard from the hub to which the wheel is bolted?
Does your tractor have a loader?
What weight of oil is in the front axle assembly?