Jammed gas pedal, now won’t start

Jayron

Equipment
Kubota MX5800
Sep 2, 2024
West Virginia
Hi all -
I recently had a stick get jammed underneath into the gas pedal mechanism on my MX5800 causing the tractor to continue driving until I turned it off. I removed the stick, and now it has a constant small amount of gas as if the pedal is still pressed down a little bit. Secondly and more importantly, once I turned it off the second time it won’t turn over anymore. Everything else lights up, just won’t crank. Is it possible that if the gas is pressed a tiny bit due to misalignment from the stick that that would stop it from turning over? Or something else? Thank you!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First we need to clear things up, there is no GAS pedal, There is no gas.
Is it this pedal?
If it is then, 100% yes the linkage or switch could have been damaged causing a no start situation.
1725309919296.png

Jayron

Equipment
Kubota MX5800
Sep 2, 2024
West Virginia
First we need to clear things up, there is no GAS pedal, There is no gas.
Is it this pedal?
If it is then, 100% yes the linkage or switch could have been damaged causing a no start situation.
View attachment 136616
Yes that pedal. So prior to shutting it off second time the pedal seemed depressed slightly giving small amount of forward movement. I’ve checked the linkages, there is no visible damage. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Yes that pedal. So prior to shutting it off second time the pedal seemed depressed slightly giving small amount of forward movement. I’ve checked the linkages, there is no visible damage. Any suggestions on troubleshooting?
Did you check the linkage on the LH side of the transmission case?