Loader mounted snow plow

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
So I have a chance to get a 6ft loader mounted snow plow with hydraulic ram. (Skid steer quick attach) I would be mounting it to my lx3520 I already have a snow pusher and rear blade but my neighbour wants to trade it for my home made cultivator that I was gonna send to scrap metal. Anybody have these? Are they any good? It is a cheaper brand name but still has skid shoes and trip edge.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
So I have a chance to get a 6ft loader mounted snow plow with hydraulic ram. (Skid steer quick attach) I would be mounting it to my lx3520 I already have a snow pusher and rear blade but my neighbour wants to trade it for my home made cultivator that I was gonna send to scrap metal. Anybody have these? Are they any good? It is a cheaper brand name but still has skid shoes and trip edge.
I have heard ppl say they are very hard on the loader when angled

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a Land Pride STB1596 with dual hydraulic angle and it works well for me and has these past three winters. I typically run it in float mode on my gravel driveway with good results.

mx6000_4.jpg

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I have a Land Pride STB1596 with dual hydraulic angle and it works well for me and has these past three winters. I typically run it in float mode on my gravel driveway with good results.

View attachment 136556
That’s a pretty sweet set up👍. I will try it anyways it won’t cost me anything. It just needs the cylinder rebuilt and ready to go. Thanks for the reply.

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
I have had one for 4 years, absolutely love it! I can see where you could tweak your loader if you were to turn off your common sense. No issues with mine on my BX.
2021-2-16 - Copy.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I have had one for 4 years, absolutely love it! I can see where you could tweak your loader if you were to turn off your common sense. No issues with mine on my BX.
View attachment 136568
Ya it’s like anything forsure. I just watched a couple videos from the cab and you could kinda see the loader twist a bit when angled as they were plowing. I guess if it’s a hard snow drift hit it straight on prob be fine

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm trade SCRAP for a blade ?
seems like a GREAT deal !
if you don't like it, SELL it.....
scrap up here is 8 cents a pound.....

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If you are going to scrap the home made cultivator then make the swap. If nothing else you will have something that has a value greater than the cultivator to sell if it doesn't work out for you.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I did some research on the project you're considering. I's suggest going to TBN and do a search there, A few guys show their projects. Key thing to do is get the plow close to the loader arms. They show using the cylinders and connection frame as is and it sets under the bucket, has a bracket coming up a few inches then forward to the quick-tach plate. Just an idea.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I did some research on the project you're considering. I's suggest going to TBN and do a search there, A few guys show their projects. Key thing to do is get the plow close to the loader arms. They show using the cylinders and connection frame as is and it sets under the bucket, has a bracket coming up a few inches then forward to the quick-tach plate. Just an idea.
I appreciate the reply. That’s why I love this forum ppls ideas and suggestions. I imagine with a little paint and closer to November if I decide to sell it can make a few bucks too

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I appreciate the reply. That’s why I love this forum ppls ideas and suggestions. I imagine with a little paint and closer to November if I decide to sell it can make a few bucks too
About the time I was ready to begin fabricating I found a dozer/snow blade for a skid steer nearby on Marketplace and bought it for $500. It had been used very little and the guy told me it didn't work very well. I brought it home and discovered there was a heavy rubber bushing bolted between the frame to keep it from moving much. That bushing was to keep it in place during shipping. The guy I bought it from got it from his brother in Arizona (several states away) while there. No one seemed to understand how it worked. I flushed out all hyd fluid so it would have Kubota oil, and gave up my other project!

It looks like this, not mine.
1725291245638.png

Reactions: 1 users

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
About the time I was ready to begin fabricating I found a dozer/snow blade for a skid steer nearby on Marketplace and bought it for $500. It had been used very little and the guy told me it didn't work very well. I brought it home and discovered there was a heavy rubber bushing bolted between the frame to keep it from moving much. That bushing was to keep it in place during shipping. The guy I bought it from got it from his brother in Arizona (several states away) while there. No one seemed to understand how it worked. I flushed out all hyd fluid so it would have Kubota oil, and gave up my other project!

It looks like this, not mine. View attachment 136588
The one I’m getting g has skid shoes and a trip system on it purely made for snow. But that sucker looks well built

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ya it’s like anything forsure. I just watched a couple videos from the cab and you could kinda see the loader twist a bit when angled as they were plowing. I guess if it’s a hard snow drift hit it straight on prob be fine
Any piece of equipment can cause damage to the tractor, or be damaged if used incorrectly. I use the plow on about 300 yards of gravel driveway without any obstacles so there's nothing to hit and tweak the loader. Also, I tend to travel at a reasonable speed and only push heading downhill. If I were plowing an unknown driveway I'd be sure to go very slow until I knew that it was clear of solid objects such as rocks that might be sticking up and frozen in place.

The Land Pride has +/- 5° "side float" which allows the blade to rotate about the loader to adjust for camber changes which works well. The trip feature is rarely activated, but is still good to have. This is all cleared with the hydraulic angle plow. The MX with a rear blower and front plow works well for me and I don't see any system out there that's significantly better given the mix of asphalt and gravel that I clear all winter long.

I'll most likely flip the cutting edge this fall since I noticed it wearing at the outer corners. The skid shoes are fine and will last the life of the plow I'm sure.

One last thing is that the STB1596 has a maximum blade angle of 30° which gives a cutting width of 83" with the blade at that angle. That works well for MX and M sized tractors.

mx6000_2.jpg

mx6000_3.jpg

Last edited:

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Any piece of equipment can cause damage to the tractor, or be damaged if used incorrectly. I use the plow on about 300 yards of gravel driveway without any obstacles so there's nothing to hit and tweak the loader. Also, I tend to travel at a reasonable speed and only push heading downhill. If I were plowing an unknown driveway I'd be sure to go very slow until I knew that it was clear of solid objects such as rocks that might be sticking up and frozen in place.

The Land Pride has +/- 5° "side float" which allows the blade to rotate about the loader to adjust for camber changes which works well. The trip feature is rarely activated, but is still good to have. This is all cleared with the hydraulic angle plow. The MX with a rear blower and front plow works well for me and I don't see any system out there that's significantly better given the mix of asphalt and gravel that I clear all winter long.

I'll most likely flip the cutting edge this fall since I noticed it wearing at the outer corners. The skid shoes are fine and will last the life of the plow I'm sure.

One last thing is that the STB1596 has a maximum blade angle of 30° which gives a cutting width of 83" with the blade at that angle. That works well for MX and M sized tractors.

View attachment 136597

View attachment 136598
You have a beautiful property. Now I kinda want snow to try this blade haha. Your right I will be plowing my own yard and my parents so I know where every obstacle is and I dont plow in high range either.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I'm sold on the idea of setting snow plows to float their own weight and NOT by using the float of the loader. Been using a plow on the FEL frame since Winter 2018/2019. It's simple to have a chain for picking the blade to accomplish that.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
You have a beautiful property. Now I kinda want snow to try this blade haha. Your right I will be plowing my own yard and my parents so I know where every obstacle is and I dont plow in high range either.
Sooner or later you will hit something. Put a cushion valve on the hydraulic angle - cheap protection....

Dan

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I'm sold on the idea of setting snow plows to float their own weight and NOT by using the float of the loader. Been using a plow on the FEL frame since Winter 2018/2019. It's simple to have a chain for picking the blade to accomplish that.
I agree let weight of the implement do the work

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013