Snowblower

redleg105

Equipment
B2650 with Snow Blower
Feb 27, 2022
New Hampshire
I have a B2650 with a front mount snowblower. If the snow is wet the blower jams up and I have to manually clear it. What speed and engine revs should I be using?

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68,Flail Mower,Z421
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I usually run mine just about full throttle in the snow. When it is heavy and wet I go slower and take less of a bite of snow. When it is too wet and really clogs the blower I use the rear blade.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If the blower is warm from being in the garage it will cause it to clog a lot faster. I leave my machine outside and plug in the engine block heater so the blower is cold. High revolutions of the engine are required to move wet snow, and also spray the chute and augers with cooking oil such as Pam or one of the other less expensive brands. The cooking oil will help to keep the snow moving through the chute. I also removed the front guard to my chute since it adds another obstacle to moving the snow up and out. If the chute becomes packed with snow, use a small implement to remove the snow and never put your hand into the chute even though the engine is off. You never know when the energy in the augers will cause them to move. I purchased a snowblower chute shovel from the local small engine shop and that is what I use.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a B2650 with a front mount snowblower. If the snow is wet the blower jams up and I have to manually clear it. What speed and engine revs should I be using?
Welcome to the world of snow blower ownership. Clearing out packed snow from the blower isn't much fun but almost everyone will experience that chore at some point. It's possible that the blower will plug up even if you increase the rpm and go slowly and use pam or some other spray du jour.

Snow blowers aren't always the best way to move snow as you've already discovered. Many of us have a two-pronged approach to snow removal such as a blower and blade, and perhaps others go even further. I think it's important to not expect perfection. I'm trying to learn that in the hope that it leads to less frustration in life.