Opinions on looking up parts?

garrettohio

Equipment
Kubota L2900
Sep 16, 2023
Ohio
When I look up parts I always go to factory parts site and wright down factory part numbers.instead of looking for the tractor model.seems like you can find more parts that way.which is the best way? to make sure parts fit.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Search by tractor model

Then use that part number to search the net for available parts with the part numbers.
Some places will say "x part" fits these models, that's not always the case.
Similar parts might look the same but Kubota changes them slightly.

Reactions: 1 users

garrettohio

Equipment
Kubota L2900
Sep 16, 2023
Ohio
Search by tractor model

Then use that part number to search the net for available parts with the part numbers.
Some places will say "x part" fits these models, that's not always the case.
Similar parts might look the same but Kubota changes them slightly.
I noticed you look in parts book it gives part number.then you look on Kubota OEM parts.has a different part number and says replaces several numbers.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I noticed you look in parts book it gives part number.then you look on Kubota OEM parts.has a different part number and says replaces several numbers.
Oftentimes part #’s are superseded.

Using the model lookup like Wolfman recommends you get the latest part number , which is a good thing.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If you go to Messicks web site you can get a similar parts look up as at Kubota USA dot com.

Messicks site has the advantage of being able to get a price for the part also. I think you double click on the part number or something like that. Messicks will show you if the part has been superseded by another and also shows what older part numbers the current one has replaced. They also list all the models that part fits. They will also state if a part is discontinued so that you know you are going to have to find a used part or fix whatever you need.

I think the Kubota website can do similar actions but I haven’t tried to find out how.

Reactions: 1 user

garrettohio

Equipment
Kubota L2900
Sep 16, 2023
Ohio
If you go to Messicks web site you can get a similar parts look up as at Kubota USA dot com.

Messicks site has the advantage of being able to get a price for the part also. I think you double click on the part number or something like that. Messicks will show you if the part has been superseded by another and also shows what older part numbers the current one has replaced. They also list all the models that part fits. They will also state if a part is discontinued so that you know you are going to have to find a used part or fix whatever you need.

I think the Kubota website can do similar actions but I haven’t tried to find out how.
Messics is usually one I look up factory parts on.